recycling clothing among cc members

Have not checked this thread in sooo long....

Whew, CPA here, and once my tax season starts I dont do much else but work around the clock... I earn about 75% of my annual income in 3 months but it is now over so I can relax and think again about gowns and cocktail dresses!!..

I am so happy that this continues on and I see some wonderful dresses being exchanged.

As is our normal process, tax season, work like crazy, and hardly see hubby at all and then end of April or beginning of May we go on vaca to reconnect... We leave in 2 weeks for 2 weeks in Cancun and need to dig through my own closet to figure out what to wear...

If I missed any committments to you all during this time, sorry... If I did, tell me as now I am off until June, tons of time to do nothing!!

Hi Smoothdancer. I read this thread all the way through to learn about cruise formalwear. My husband and I are preparing for our first cruise in 4 weeks and we are so excited! Do you still have that tux you posted a couple of months ago? My husband has a suit but it sure would be fun for him to be in a tux. I'll take it if you've still got it.

Thanks,

Tami Taylor

tamtay at yahoo dot com

I still have not received the black and red dress.:( I am wondering if it was returned to you???:confused: If not, it's "lost".

Have not checked this thread in sooo long....

Whew, CPA here, and once my tax season starts I dont do much else but work around the clock... I earn about 75% of my annual income in 3 months but it is now over so I can relax and think again about gowns and cocktail dresses!!..

I am so happy that this continues on and I see some wonderful dresses being exchanged.

As is our normal process, tax season, work like crazy, and hardly see hubby at all and then end of April or beginning of May we go on vaca to reconnect... We leave in 2 weeks for 2 weeks in Cancun and need to dig through my own closet to figure out what to wear...

If I missed any committments to you all during this time, sorry... If I did, tell me as now I am off until June, tons of time to do nothing!!

Don't know if you saw my earlier post or not about the missing dress....

Enjoy your time off and have fun in Cancun!!

Tami was size does your husband wear in a suit? I still have this tux

Grandma I dont know what to say about that dress. I did send it out and it was never retruned back to me by the post office so not sure what happened... This is the first one I think that did not make it to a person.

Tami was size does your husband wear in a suit? I still have this tux

Grandma I dont know what to say about that dress. I did send it out and it was never retruned back to me by the post office so not sure what happened... This is the first one I think that did not make it to a person.

Smoothdancer, my hubby's suit size is 48L.

The length of the tux pants would not fit your husband. It is so much harder to donate mens clothing!

Does your husband wear suits often? I do have a chocolate pin stripe suit that is 48L. I bought this suit from a mens shop going out of business, was the wrong size and could not return it. It is such a beautiful suit that has been hanging in my closet that I can do nothing with. I would not think this would be the right color for a formal night, but it is available if he could use it.

Maybe a postal worker is enjoying it.:( Thanks for your part on sending it, just wish we could find it.

Just wanted to say how much I love this thread! I've received a lovely gown for myself and two wonderful dresses for my daughter. I'm hoping the gowns I mailed out work out for their new owners too!

If the orange dress doesn't fit sail@way, please send my way! :)

The issue with this tux is the pant length. My husband is not that tall and the pants have been hemmed to a 29 1/2 or maybe 30 inch length I would say.

The tux itself is a size 46 1/2 and can be worn and lay nicely for a size 46 - 48.

Also to consider is that of course a tux is a lot heavier than a gown and may cost a bit to ship so one would want to make sure this is the right size before they ask me to ship it out..... I would be glad to however donate this to any gent who can use it. It is in nice shape. LOL, I also have tails in the same size, but that would be a bit over the top for a cruise!!

The length of the tux pants would not fit your husband. It is so much harder to donate mens clothing!

Does your husband wear suits often? I do have a chocolate pin stripe suit that is 48L. I bought this suit from a mens shop going out of business, was the wrong size and could not return it. It is such a beautiful suit that has been hanging in my closet that I can do nothing with. I would not think this would be the right color for a formal night, but it is available if he could use it.

My husband doesn't wear suits very often, as he is a contractor, although I appreciate the offer, smoothdancer. Too bad the tux pant legs would be too short--I haven't seen my sweetie in tuxedo since high school prom. He'll look great in his suit, though.

The issue with this tux is the pant length. My husband is not that tall and the pants have been hemmed to a 29 1/2 or maybe 30 inch length I would say.

The tux itself is a size 46 1/2 and can be worn and lay nicely for a size 46 - 48.

Also to consider is that of course a tux is a lot heavier than a gown and may cost a bit to ship so one would want to make sure this is the right size before they ask me to ship it out..... I would be glad to however donate this to any gent who can use it. It is in nice shape. LOL, I also have tails in the same size, but that would be a bit over the top for a cruise!!

Think Dh needs a 32 in length so it wouldn't work. Oh so close. Hopefully someone comes along that will give it a nice home.

I shipped it out today. I hope you like it. Enjoy!

I got the dress today in the mail and it fits me perfectly and is absolutely gorgeous. I already have it packed in the suitcase to go on my cruise this weekend. I love it. Thank you so much.

I got the dress today in the mail and it fits me perfectly and is absolutely gorgeous. I already have it packed in the suitcase to go on my cruise this weekend. I love it. Thank you so much.

I am so glad you like it! Be sure to post pictures when you get back. Have a gtreat time!

a 46L black suit with 32L trousers that I would be happy to send to anyone who wants to pay the shipping charges. It's a Palm Beach brand and DH used to be that size until he became very ill and having it tailored to his now 42L size is just too expensive and probably would change the drape of the suit. The trousers have enough seam allowance to be let out if necessary.

Yes, I think there is a very big difference between a donation of a mens suit VS a lady gown. The shipping cost between the 2 is huge. LOL, I can stuff a gown into a package for ten dollars with no problem!!! Mens suit, not so....

The up side is that a good men's suit does cost and for someone to donate a suit that would fit a hubby is great.

I do want to say this.... I sell often my comp gowns and these gowns do run between 3-4 thousand... A few of my freinds have had gowns stolen at the PO recently, with no insurance... It has not happened to me, except for poor Grandma who never got a dress.... I just want you all to be aware of this. I have put a hold on selling my gowns thru the postal service due to high theft....

I do want to say this.... I sell often my comp gowns and these gowns do run between 3-4 thousand... A few of my freinds have had gowns stolen at the PO recently, with no insurance... It has not happened to me, except for poor Grandma who never got a dress.... I just want you all to be aware of this. I have put a hold on selling my gowns thru the postal service due to high theft....

Why would they not have insured the $3,000 - $4,000 gowns being mailed? Insurance isn't that much, and maybe the gowns would not get stolen if the postal workers knew there was insurance. I don't know what happened to the one sent to me, but since it didn't arrive here or get sent back to you, maybe someone stole it, too.(thinking they were getting a more expensive gown, like stolen from your friends) Maybe FedEx or UPS with tracking would be a better way of mailing the gowns. So many dishonest people.....to erase the great deeds from so many nice ladies. :(

There is no way for a postal worker to know what is in the package though. I've had one package go missing and it was a infant costume that's out of hundreds I've shipped and several high end items. A postal worker doesn't know what's in that box. If it got lost it's just the luck of the draw not because it's an expensive gown. JMO

We are leaving in the morning for our cruise, and when I get back I will post pix of me with the gorgeous gowns everyone has donated to me to make this and extra special cruise. I already have someone that wants the blue sequined dress when I get back smoothdancer, so I will be donating it to her so she can enjoy it on her next cruise.

Thanks again everyone.