Booking Online (how do you get Captain's Club upgrade?)

jt58203

I've sailed Celebrity once and have enrolled in the Captain's Club. Now I've been dreaming a lot lately and hope to book something later in the year. My preferred method of booking is online. The policy on X's website says that the requests for the one category upgrade must be at the time of booking. (I also realize the upgrade is only for same cabin categories; ie, inside-inside, oceanview-oceanview). So, I was wondering if I could I book online, then call Captain's Club for an adjustment? Or if I book online direct, would I miss out on the upgrade opportunity?

I always make a booking & place a courtesy hold on a cabin, then phone Captain's Club to arrange for the upgrade. It can't be done online, you need to speak with one of their representatives. Note that if the next category up is full, they won't bump you up one more!

I always make a booking & place a courtesy hold on a cabin' date=' then phone Captain's Club to arrange for the upgrade. It can't be done online, you need to speak with one of their representatives. Note that if the next category up is full, they won't bump you up one more![/quote']

Just a little more clarification, please. Say I'm interested in a Cat 6 Oceanview. Would I hold a room in Cat 7, call and ask for a Cat 6 or do I hold my desired Cat 6 room and ask for the Cat 7 price?

When we book a cabin with the captain's club upgrade, we book the cabin we want and pay one category lower price. Obviously this will not work if you pick a cabin from the lowest category inside or lowest category oceanview.

Are you guys sure all these contortions aren't totally wiping out any perceived advantage to "booking online"...you are doing a lot of work and saving, approximately $0.00...wouldn't it be easier to just call a human, whether a TA or direct to the line?

What is a captains club upgrade? I am platinum with RCCL and just booked my first cruise with Celebrity. I did it on line. I know we get a balcony discount with RCCL, is that the same as the captains club upgrade? Should I be doing something I have not done yet?

Also, is there a thermal spa on the Mercury? How much is it for 7 days.

Thanks!

Inside to inside upgrade or Ocean View to Ocean View only, nothing higher. BUT on our next cruise that saved us exactly 10$pp. Was arranged by our TA. It can be worth more I'm sure, but the Alaskan cruise prices are so low there was only 10$ diff between Cat. on OV. Still 10$ is 10$ :confused:

Archived