Need info about rooms on Grandeur, port-holes, and room noise!!

For all you Grandeur pros, I have a question. Hubby and I are going on the Granduer with my parents. We booked seperate ocean view garauntee rooms with our TA. We just found out the rooms are on deck three all the way front, rooms 3000 and 3002. They also have port holes instead of picture windows. Now, when I was on Sovereign a few years ago the port holes were tiny- had to put my face against them to see out. I know Grandeur is a newer ship and thought the port holes may be nicer! Also, are the rooms well insulated- or can you hear your neighbors. We knew we were booking a garauntee room and are happy with whatever room we get (we just want to cruise!!) but I was wondering if I should ask the TA to try to reassign us. Any input?? Thanks- the recent reviews on the ship are great! Now if only someone could post more reviews on the port board about Freeport! MO

What sailing are you on?

Monarch of the Seas 09/92
Majesty of the Seas 11/93
Sovereign of the Seas 09/94
Majesty of the Seas 11/95
Grandeur of the Seas 11/99
Grandeur of the Seas 11/00
Grandeur of the Seas 06/01
Grandeur of the Seas 02/02
Navigator of the Seas 12/02
Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03
Radiance of the Seas 11/03
Grandeur of the Seas 05/04
Navigator of the Seas 11/04

Same thing happened to me Michelle on the Granduer 4/03/04. I switched my cabin to a guarantee outside 8 days prior to sailing to save $150pp. We had the 1st two cabins on deck 2 - 2508 & 2510. Ship was full (spring break) so no upgrade was available.

These rooms have 2 portholes per cabin. The downside is they do sit back a ways so it's not a simple look-out-the-window. However.. it's nice in that they sit back far so you have some storage room (like a window box) to put your extra bags and things you pick up during the week. It made the room look bigger.

What I liked about the room was that there was no one across the hall (we were there during spring break so no kids running the hall). It was very quiet. We had smooth seas so we really didnt feel much movement. We docked during times in which we didn't hear the anchor going up and down which was a plus.

You have been upgraded to deck 3. I don't think your TA will be able to change your guaranteed room unless you pay the difference for a specific cabin. What you can do, is wait until after embarkment and ask at the Pursur's desk to switch cabins. They told us to come back between 3pm-5pm. When we did we were told the ship was full (although when we checked in, it wasn't.. some people show up at the pier and book last min.). It turned out just fine for us. I'm sure it will for you too.

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005
Mariner of the Seas 10/16/2005

Thank you Maureen- that was very helpful. I think we will stay just where we are. There are advantages to being at the end of the hall. I wonder if there is a service entrance or elevator at the end of the hall? Happy cruising- Michelle

Any of you Grandeur cruisers know if the inside cabins (we're on deck 3) have the small refrigerators?

----------------------------
Explorer 11/2001
Explorer 12/14/02
Serenade 10/13/03
----------------------------

Until Grandeur 5/21/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;5;21;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Until Voyager 10/8/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;8;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

<MARQUEE>Won't Be Long Now till we'll be cruisin'</MARQUEE>

<center>
<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif[/img]</center>

We cruised Grandeur twice last year -- inside cabin on decks 2 and 3. Rooms were quiet; the running children could be heard, but there weren't a lot of children when we cruised, so it wasn't a big problem. No refrigerators either.

Karla

Big Red Boat, New Year's 1994
Legend of the Seas, Alaska, 8/98
Sovereign of the Seas, 5/03
Grandeur of the Seas, Canada/New England, 10/03
Grandeur of the Seas, 11/29/03

Archived