Lighthouses?

MESPal

Is the lighthouse in Nassau visible from the ship (Glory) while in port or do we sail by it during the AM docking?

Also, any other lighthouses in St. Maarten and St. Thomas I can get good shots of?

TIA

Is the lighthouse in Nassau visible from the ship (Glory) while in port or do we sail by it during the AM docking?

Also, any other lighthouses in St. Maarten and St. Thomas I can get good shots of?

TIA

the Paradise Island lighthouse is visible from the dock.. you will pass it when you come in to port.

2796731090088662436S500x500Q85.jpg

Can we walk to the lighthouse from the bridge, and can we get to Colonial beach and Paridise beach?

In order to get to the lighthouse, you would have to enter at the public walkway next to the RIU.. onto cabbage beach.. then walk west (left) in front of the RIU, past Atlantis Beach, past the Cove beach. over the lagoon bridge (atlantis property) . along Paradise Beach.. past the construction area.. past club med beach.. over Privately owned Coral outcropping ( property of Lloyd's, Cage etc,).. past colonial beach and over the coral base.. and it would have to be low tide or you'd be smashed by waves at the coral outcrops...

It's not an easy trek.. about 3 miles along the beach.

Plus.. you can't get into it.. it's locked up.. not open to the public.

Keep in mind that this is all private property.. with the exception of Colonial beach.

Check the google map for the terrain.

It's a shame they don't offer tours of the lighthouse because I know a lot of people would be interested (including me!). But maybe it's too dangerous to get to.

The best way to see the lighthouse is when your ship comes into port or leaves port. You will go right by it.

Here are some pics from a recent trip:

http://www.susancrow.com/lighthouses/nassauharbor/index.asp

Archived