POA tips, hints, freebees, secrets and more

Rev. Joe

OK I did find the Missouri 2 for 1 but isn't this part of Pearl Harbor which is supposed to be free? Or is this a separate or additional tour you have to pay for? Still can't find anything for Polynesian Cultural Center.

I could not find it either. I checked attractions and the Alphabetical Index. I will say that in my local Entertainment Book the index is often missing an included coupon. I have found this to be the case many times. Perhaps that is the situation here? It seems to me that the Alphabetical List is quite small. I am just wondering how complete it is. If the only coupons in that book are the ones listed, it is more of a brochure than a normal Entertainment Book. If no one responds here, perhaps you can start a new thread about the Entertainment Book and someone who has a current copy might be able to look into it for you. Also, there is a link on the Entertainment Website called "about us." If you click on that, there is a "Contact Us" link. Maybe they could look into it for you.

Just talked to Entertainment Book people and found it is listed under sports and entertainment. It is E 29. Interesting that you left it at the hotel (you could have sent me that coupon) since I left my Ent. book at the hotel after our Vancouver trip so other people could make use of the coupons.

Just talked to Entertainment Book people and found it is listed under sports and entertainment. It is E 29. Interesting that you left it at the hotel (you could have sent me that coupon) since I left my Ent. book at the hotel after our Vancouver trip so other people could make use of the coupons.

Is there a way online to see each page? I am having trouble finding that option. As I mentioned above, I looked through the Alphabetical Index and it was not there.

I have bookmarked the Entertainment Book for our 2011 cruise. We have used it in the Phoenix area in the past and it does have some good options in it. My question for those familiar with the Hawaiian version -- we are traveling with another couple. Would it be best for each couple to get there own book, or would we be able to use it together? In other words, in a 2 for 1 situation, is there a limit as to how many 2 for 1 deals you can get at the same place?

OK I did find the Missouri 2 for 1 but isn't this part of Pearl Harbor which is supposed to be free? Or is this a separate or additional tour you have to pay for? Still can't find anything for Polynesian Cultural Center.

Both coupons you mentioned are in the "Entertainment & Sports" section of the book. The coupon for the Polynesian Cultural Center is E29 for savings up to $45 value. "Enjoy 1 complimentary Adult Admission when a second Adult Admission of equal or greater value is purchased". Expires Nov 1, 2010. Conditions: does not apply to groups, conventions, travel agency bookings, or other promotional rate offers made by PCC. Offer not valid on Twilight or Show Only packages. 1 coupon per person. NOTE: our reservation for PCC is in mid-May, but the tickets have already appeared on our credit card statement!

The USS Missouri coupon is E30 for savings up to $32 value. "Enjoy 1 complimentary Adult or Child Admission when a second Adult or Child Admission of equal or greater value is purchased". Expires Nov 1, 2010. Condition: Limit 2 free admissions with 2 paid admissions. I have not yet found a way to pre-order tickets for the USS Missouri on-line or by phone. Although, you can pre-order tickets for the Pacific Aviation Museum. They have a coupon on their website for a free flight simulator.

Let me know if you need other coupon info from the Entertainment Book. I'm "snowed in" today!

. NOTE: our reservation for PCC is in mid-May, but the tickets have already appeared on our credit card statement!

We had the same thing happen for some of our coupon bookings in Alaska. I didn't mind though, as it spread out the expenses over several months.

Can you tell me the web site you bought the coupon book at? Also did it come via mail and how long it took to get it? We are on the POA for March 20, and I wonder if there is enough time for it to arrive.

Thanks for the tip,

Mary

http://hawaii.entertainment.com/discount/browse.shtml

You should get it in plenty of time, but call and ask to be sure.

Thanks VBMom87! I've learned SO much from everyone. This site has been so helpful in planning our trip and everyone is so nice to share their experiences.

We are also traveling with another couple. Do you know if most of the coupons could be shared with another couple?

Mary

Thanks VBMom87! I've learned SO much from everyone. This site has been so helpful in planning our trip and everyone is so nice to share their experiences.

We are also traveling with another couple. Do you know if most of the coupons could be shared with another couple?

Mary

It really will be different from one coupon to the next. If you read post #30 above, you will see where one coupon was good for just one use, but the other coupon allowed 2 free admissions with 2 paid admissions.

If you look at the Entertainment Book website, you can click on the individual coupon offerings and it will tell you what the coupon says.

If you aren't sure about a certain coupon, just post here, and someone who has the book might let you know what it says.

Hi Joe,

Here is the craft schedule from last week.

Sunday - Flower Hair Pick / Boutonnieres - 6:15

Monday - Kukui Nut & Shell Lei - 3:45

Tuesday - Fresh Orchid Lei - 4:30

Wednesday - Lauhala Ribbon Weave Leis - 4:30

Thursday - Crepe Paper Hibiscus (not leis, just flowers) - 4:15

Friday - Towel Folding - 3:00

Also, they have nut & shell lei kits for sale everyday after the Monday class.

I just got back this morning from a GREAT trip. After I get some sleep I'm sure I'll be able to come up with some tips for you. If you have questions just ask. I have all my Freestyle Dailys but don't have a scanner so I can't post them.

Joe GLAD you had such a great time! Have kind of a different question for you (SORRY for hijacking your thread) What kind of entertainment can we expect. I have seen that there isn't alot, understandably, but I was wondering if they has some kind of "Lou OWW" haha, I don't want to spend the money off the ship because my wife will not eat ONE type of food. More or less looking for the show? We are thinking off the ship all day and on the ship all night?! THANKS

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vicki! We just got home from a long weekend in San Diego, so I just saw your post. We are just fine. We will be on the Mariner of the Seas this May to the Mexican Riviera and then DD and I will go to Alaska in July on the Carnival Spirit. We are really looking forward to the POA in 2011 aready. Why don't you join us?:D

Not sure what our plans for next year are yet. Maybe thinking about Alaska. In another month we are going sailing in the BVI and then when we get back I will have knee replacement surgery. One of my knees just got to hurting too much. Will wait and see when I might do the other one.

Vicki

Not sure what our plans for next year are yet. Maybe thinking about Alaska. In another month we are going sailing in the BVI and then when we get back I will have knee replacement surgery. One of my knees just got to hurting too much. Will wait and see when I might do the other one.

Vicki

Ouch! Have fun in the BVI....and take care of that knee!!!!:eek:

Archived