Wine and Dine...worth it?

Has anyone purchased the wine and dine on the RCCL website? Wondering if it's worth it. We enjoy having a bottle with dinner each night and interested in whether this is cost effective. Feedback? Thanks:)

we always get a package.............we like wine but don't need super expensive stuff....take a look at this done by another CCer.............

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=805524&highlight=wine+package+analysis

we really like the danzante pinot, the faustino rioja, the korbel and lindemanns chard.

(the chart is the PDF file in the 1st post)

We didn't buy the Wine and Dine package on the RCCL website, but bought it the first day on the ship. We bought the 5-bottle Platinum package for $143, which includes the gratuity. If we had purchased wine "by the bottle", we would have paid the same price for 4 bottles of wine. So, in essence, one of our bottles was "free" with the package.

. . . We didn't buy the Wine and Dine package on the RCCL website, but bought it the first day on the ship. We bought the 5-bottle Platinum package for $143, which includes the gratuity. If we had purchased wine "by the bottle", we would have paid the same price for 4 bottles of wine. So, in essence, one of our bottles was "free" with the package.

But would you have picked the same bottles?

That has been my complaint with the packages. The selection is not very good. I have decided to just pay a little bit more and drink what I like as opposed to being required to select from the package offerings.

we always get a package.............we like wine but don't need super expensive stuff....take a look at this done by another CCer.............

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=805524&highlight=wine+package+analysis

we really like the danzante pinot, the faustino rioja, the korbel and lindemanns chard.

(the chart is the PDF file in the 1st post)

That's a great chart... drinking the wine we like, we'd save a whoppin' $2 per bottle by purchasing the package. We'd do as well buying 2 bottles at a time and using our 20% off the second bottle C&A coupon.

We haven't ever bought the package, but we've thought about it... The thing that's held me back has been the number of table mates we've had that have wine left at the end of the cruise.

we took our 1 bottle we didn't use home with us!

we saved like 40-50 bucks...............works for me.......and we LIKE the wines...........

i've had expensive wine, cheap wine and mid priced wine and frankly, some of the 2 or 3 buck chuck ain't bad!;) i've also had 50-60 buck a bottle wine that is HORRIBLE!

i think for the average wine drinker, the package can be a deal....

the prices were the same in Feb.........not sure if they have changed.....

I get the least expensive "gold" 5 bottle package that gives me decent red wines for a 7 day cruise. We open the first in the MDR on the first night, and instead of leaving the bottle for the next night I take it back to my room for before dinner use the next day. Open a new bottle on night 2, and leave it in MDR if I still have wine left in the room. Follow this pattern and I easilly use up and enjoy all 5 bottles on a 7 night cruise:). BTW, I have now tried all choices on the gold red wine list, and my favorites (which I will stick to next time) are a South African Shiraz (Footprint?) and a South American Merlot (recommended by our MDR waiter one evening).

David

Archived