cruise dailys and menus

nzmatt

My cruise was so good there are a few reviews on it on here already W913. We were on our honeymoon and met up with a few CCers and one work friend who was on board with his family, we can't wait to gather more money to gether after christmas and book another one with friends.

Hi Blondtress,could I trouble you for copies of those menus etc it would much appreciated. My email is jenniwren0@hotmail.com Thankyou Jenni

The files are too big to upload on these forums and too big to send in one email, so I have sent them in 5 seperate emails.

The first email is the Menus and the second, third, forth and fifth emails are the Pacific Dailys.

Bubbs & Blues, and Kylie, I have sent the emails through to you. Hope they are some help.

If anyone else would like copies, just let me know.

Happy Cruising!! :)

Hi LuckiePuris could you please email copies to me. My email is jenniwren0@hotmail.com Thankyou

Welcome To Cruise Critic Missmac!!

I have emailed you the Diarys & Menus. Have a great night :)

Thankyou so much, its great to have that information. It all adds to the excitement of going on our first cruise.

Thankyou so much, its great to have that information. It all adds to the excitement of going on our first cruise.

No worries, hope you have a fantastic first cruise! Hope you come back hooked on cruising like so many of us!!

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. These threads are really helpful :)

Hi Vicki,

I have had a look at the menus I emailed you and can not see any mention of a nominal charge? What charge are you referring to?

The menus I have emailed you are from the dining room. There is no charge at the dining room for breakfasts, lunches or dinners. The only thing they will charge you for is if you want to order drinks etc. Water is free.

On some nights, you can also order for a platter or prawns or oysters to be delivered to your table for dinner. Around $30.00 from memory.

When I used the Steakhouse in January 2008, I think it was a $20.00 per person charge. But that is all you pay (except again, if you want to purchase drinks). You pay the $20.00 and get to order off their exclusive menu. You do not pay for the food itself. I'm not sure if it is is still $20.00 or if perhaps it has changed. There may be a price for children too.

Hope this helps :)

Hi LuckiePuris Thankyou for all your information, the nominal charge was mentioned in the Pacific Daily , where a nominal charge was for the grill. We enjoyed reading all the Pacific Daily's , our children have already started to plan some of the activities that we might be able to do 319 days to cruising & we are busy collecting as much info. as possible for our family holiday Vicki:)

Hi LuckiePuris Thankyou for all your information, the nominal charge was mentioned in the Pacific Daily , where a nominal charge was for the grill. We enjoyed reading all the Pacific Daily's , our children have already started to plan some of the activities that we might be able to do 319 days to cruising & we are busy collecting as much info. as possible for our family holiday Vicki:)

Hi Vicki,

Yes there is a charge for the grill, but it is not much and convenient for times when the dining room and / or buffet are closed.

Below is some information from my cruise in 2007/2008:

Food at The Grill was fantastic! It was a great place to eat if you wanted to have a relaxed lunch, or a snack in the afternoon, for dinner, or even for much later in the night. Their idea of a SIDE PORTION of WEDGES (POTATO SKINS) was very literally a basket 30 cm long by about 15cm wide, and piled to the top. You could also get this same size of SIDE PORTION of FRENCH FRIES…Both these “Side” portions were only $2.00.

You could also order Kebabs, Burgers, Scampi and also a few other options, all for around $5.00 from memory. But portions were huge and I don’t think we ever ate it all, not even a side portion of chips!

IceCream/Sundae Shop had fantastic icecream. You could purchase sundaes, regular icecream, milkshakes etc. Every day they had three specialty flavours of icecream of the day. You could also make your own sundae. I think it was $1.95 for two scoops of icecream and $0.95 for unlimited toppings if your choice, so you could design your own sundae.

On Plaza Deck, was La Patisserie where you could order the best coffee. For $2.50 you get quite a large coffee, and they also had warm cookies too for around $1.50 or $2.00. I tried one, I think it was White Choc & Macadamia. Cookie was a good size and delicious.

We had dinner at the SteakHouse once for a $20.00 per person surcharge. You were able to chose an appetizer, an entrée, a main and a dessert. Bread rolls provided also. It was a nice atmosphere with the candles. Food was very nice.

For dinner, we thought we would try something different and try the Pizzeria. Prices were quite good. We had an entrée of herb bread each (two large pieces each) and one large pizza (yes they do half and half, so you can choose two different types). Total cost was about $12.00.

If you are interested in having a read, this is the link to my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=725589&highlight=

I also have a photo album online with some photos that may interest you:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562651763dmBCqu?vhost=good-times

Your children will have a fantastic time...they can do as much or as little as they like.

Feel free to ask any questions! Happy Cruising! :)

Hi Vicki,

If you are interested in having a read, this is the link to my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=725589&highlight=

I also have a photo album online with some photos that may interest you:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562651763dmBCqu?vhost=good-times

Your children will have a fantastic time...they can do as much or as little as they like.

Feel free to ask any questions! Happy Cruising! :)

Thanks for your reply.

Loved your review very informative , it sounded like a great holiday except 12metre seas :o, it was also nice to see your photos the food looks yummy. Another day closer 318 days Vicki:)

Sopheej, hope your daughter enjoyed the photos. I'm sure she can't wait until your cruise!

Vicki31, Glad you enjoyed the read. Yes the storm was terrible for most but I enjoyed the excitement of it all except for being hit in the head by flying drawers! P.S. You today have 317 days!

:)

Hi Luckipuris

I would love copies of the menus and dailys too if thats okay. We're first-timers sailing in two weeks, so I'd love more info :o ogden.shelley.s@edumail.vic.gov.au

Thanks !

Shelley

Hi Shelley,

we are cruising in 2 weeks aswell w917 may be the same cruise. where are you from? we are from melb and first time cruisers.

Rachel

Hi LuckiPuris

And thankyou so much for the Dailys and Menus - it all looks fantastic ! Our kids are teens and young adults and it looks as though there will be plenty to keep us all amused. Hopefully those Dance Classes will help us to work off all the extra kilos !

Hello Rachel.

Yes it is the same Cruise. We're from Gippsland, so we're nearly neighbours. We are a family of five plus one boyfriend, and we're celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Starting to count down the sleeps ! :D

Shelley

No worries Rachel, emails have been sent.

Enjoy your first cruise, there is nothing like it!! :)

thanks so much Luckiepuris, really enjoyed reading your emails. The menus will come in handy, Hubbie is a germ freak and doesnt want to eat at the buffet also wont go without his steak, nice to see it on the menu. thanks again, cant wait to cruise.

Rachel

Hi Shelley,

There really is something for everyone on the cruise. The Trivia Games is fun for the whole family. There are lots of other competitions too like Table Tennis tournament throughout the cruise. I would recommend to give the Afternoon Tea in the Dining Room a try! Scones with jam & cream, little sandwiches, biscuits, cakes, tea, coffee.

Hi Rachel,

I too prefer the dining room as it's nice just sitting and relaxing, ordering off a menu, having your food bought to you. I find that the food tastes better when you're relaxing in the dining room!

I'm not a big fan of buffet style, I prefer the presentation of the food in the dining room.

In the dining room, feel free to order more than one entree / one main / one dessert etc. Often I could not decide between two entrees so I would order both. especially on the formal dinners where the the meals are a little more fancy.

Breakfast is fantastic in the dining room, with everything from omlettes to eggs benedict to eggs florentine. Thick french toast, danishes and other pastries, eggs any way, pancakes, fresh fruit etc.

The buffet is still good though, especially handy for a quick breakfast on the days that you are at Ports.

There is also a Steakhouse on Pacific Dawn. There was a surcharge cost of $20.00 per adult (in 2008) and food is great. Especially if your husband enjoys steak.

Either way, you won't go hungry on the cruise!!

Some of the meals from the Steakhouse

Crab cakes

steakhouse1.jpg

Surf N Turf - Yes I do like my steak very VERY well cooked!!

steakhouse2.jpg

Apple Crumble With Vanilla Ice-Cream

steakhouse3.jpg

There was also an Onion Soup with a giant cheese crouton, but can't seem to find the photo.

Hope this helps!! :)

Archived