cruise dailys and menus

nzmatt

Hi Vicki,

I also have a photo album online with some photos that may interest you:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562651763dmBCqu?vhost=good-times

I do not recall seeing your photos before but loved checking them out especially champagne bay as I haven't been there yet but is on our Jan cruise.

Lucky for you mystery Island wasn't a mystery, isn't it lovely

I do not recall seeing your photos before but loved checking them out especially champagne bay as I haven't been there yet but is on our Jan cruise.

Hi Karon,

Glad you enjoyed the photos! I think I posted the album link in my original review, but that was a while back!

Champagne Bay is amazing, one of my favourite. If you like lobster, I would recommend to give it a try. You see them catch the lobster, choose which one you want, and they cook it in front of you. Served in a banana leaf with fresh lime wedges. Really fantastic, and cheap too (I think about $20 a lobster??)

Oh no were you not able to go to Mystery Island?

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Hi Karon,

Glad you enjoyed the photos! I think I posted the album link in my original review, but that was a while back!

Champagne Bay is amazing, one of my favourite. If you like lobster, I would recommend to give it a try. You see them catch the lobster, choose which one you want, and they cook it in front of you. Served in a banana leaf with fresh lime wedges. Really fantastic, and cheap too (I think about $20 a lobster??)

Hi Karon,

Oh no were you not able to go to Mystery Island?

We have been there twice and missed it once.

I hear that quite a few times they miss it due to weather which is such a shame

We have been there twice and missed it once.

I hear that quite a few times they miss it due to weather which is such a shame

Sorry to hear Karon,

I have also heard that Ouvea is the same, and that often they miss that Port due to weather etc too.

Sorry to hear Karon,

I have also heard that Ouvea is the same, and that often they miss that Port due to weather etc too.

Yes we missed ouvea the only time we had it on our itinerary.

As they say it always just another excuse to book another cruise!!:D

Welcome Aussie Aloha & Jmg0709 to Cruise Critic!!

Hope you both have a fantastic first cruise...you will love your first cruise, everything is so new!

Congratulations also Jess on your upcoming wedding...you will definately need a cruise to relax from a wedding!

I have sent you both copies of the Menus & Pacific Dailys.

These are from my April 2008 cruise so are a little old but will give you an idea of what to expect.

If you have any questions about cruising or Ports that you are visiting, feel free to ask!

P.S. Kaseyoz, well said! You will definately have to book another cruise to go to Ouvea. It has the most amazing beach, and you literally have to wear sunnies as the sand is so white it is blinding!

Happy Cruising!! :)

No worries at all, hope you both enjoy the read and have a fantastic cruise!

You'll have to come back and tell us about your cruise, I'm sure you will love cruising.

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi LuckiePuris,

Dare I ask also? I would love a copy of the Pacific Dailies, please. It is soooo long since I've been on a ship - late 1960s - that it will be almost like a new experience. sandyyd@tpg.com.au

Another thing - I am dying of curiosity :confused: - Just what is that 'open hatch' thing on the front of the Pacific Dawn behind the flagpole? On the webcam I've seen crew ? men standing in it watching another taking the flag down when the ship leaves port. It looked like a pool in your photos.

Sandy

Hi LuckiePuris,

Another thing - I am dying of curiosity :confused: - Just what is that 'open hatch' thing on the front of the Pacific Dawn behind the flagpole? On the webcam I've seen crew ? men standing in it watching another taking the flag down when the ship leaves port. It looked like a pool in your photos.

Sandy

Sandy

What you see is the crew swimming pool.

Here is a photo taken from the front observation deck,

Alan

3507197800_cc2dccb80f.jpg

I am not sure if i have been to this obs deck where abouts is it ?

I Have been on the dawn twice and thought i knew every nock and cranny.

From what I've read it's at the front of Baja Deck. On the deck plans it shows a passageway past the cabins to the front. If you look at a photo of the ship from certain angles, you can see a very narrow deck across the front there. (I'm certainly going to try it out when the time comes! :D )

Sandy

Sunbaker, Somebol, Sandielle & Jag123,

I have emailed you all copies of the Menus & Pacific Dailys. They are large files so have been emailed through in 5 seperate emails.

They are from April 2008 but will give you an indication of what you can expect.

Don't be embarrassed about asking anything...we are all here to help! I'm always asking a million questions on these forums.

It's amazing how much you learn. And get to find answers to those little things!

Sandy, it is very easy to find your way to get to the front deck. It can sometimes be very windy though and difficult to open the door to get out there but it is a great spot.

Feel free to ask any questions :)

I am not sure if i have been to this obs deck where abouts is it ?

I Have been on the dawn twice and thought i knew every nock and cranny.

It is not sign posted anywhere on the ship. I found out how to get there from a previous post here on cruise critic.

It is located at the forward end of the Starboard side passage way on Baja Deck (deck 10). You can see it in the other picture just above the sun.

Alan

3741036932_f1bf71d593_o.gif3275352810_4b5c3e569e.jpg

Hi LuckyPuris,

Thanks so much for the Dailies and Menus - I can't see much work getting done here today!!!!!

I had read about that small deck, but wondered if it was always available. Sounds like it could be a good spot coming into ports when the ship is travelling slower.

Sandy

Hi LuckyPuris,

Thanks so much for the Dailies and Menus - I can't see much work getting done here today!!!!!

I had read about that small deck, but wondered if it was always available. Sounds like it could be a good spot coming into ports when the ship is travelling slower.

Sandy

No worries Sandy, enjoy!! The forums really are a distraction from work!

Just to let you know that if you go on the small deck and look behind you and up, you can see the captain and staff navigating etc (can't remember what they're called!!)

Archived