Asian Capitals and Vietnam II - Jan30 2010

cands

>"Three months notice and a significant discount might be a very welcome email when I am planning our next vacation But if it is your first email, maybe Seabourn is having more trouble than usual filling up ships, and such specials are rather infrequent."

Speaking of emails, (aka seamails), I have repeatedly signed up for them and never received any. I do get the snail mails, but they are ofen very late. I finally called only to find out that my TA gets them 'for me'!

I am still incensed. A reservation rep said it would take a month or two to fix, but she said it could be done. OK, nada. I finally called the Club and they say it should happen soon. I tried to explain that if they want me to sail more, then send the offers to me. My TA prefers Regent and our relationship is such that he never tries to sell me a cruise. I have to be the one to find what I want and then book through him. And he would not forward any info from Seabourn. (That's fine with me.) But I do want the special emails.

Sp if you're not getting them, perhaps this is the same situation. (Targeted sales not withstanding.)

Sp if you're not getting them, perhaps this is the same situation. (Targeted sales not withstanding.)

I am getting the seamails, but all the offers I have seen are public. If private offers get sent to my TA, they will probably make their way to me. My TA and I have a good email relationship.

But that is very good to know that I probably won't see the emails directly from Seabourn.

I can't believe it's almost here! We leave tomorrow for 3 nights in Beijing, then fly to Hong Kong. Anyone have recommendations for what to do in HK?

We will buy Malarone for malaria, since we will be going to Angkor Wat post cruise. Do we need it for any of the other stops on our cruise?

Kathy

Bon voyage Kathy! Have a wonderful time in China. See you on board on Saturday.

We haven't started packing yet. I guess the reality that we are going will set in over the next couple of days! Still three more days of going to work.

Hong Kong is a fabulous, vibrant place. In no particular order:

Take the tram to the peak. Magnificent views

Ride the giant escalator (or really dozens of escalators) up the hill and wander down, soaking up the local flavour.

Ride the Star Ferry at least once. (getting to and from HK island)

Watch the spectacular nightly light show.

Eat the local food - we found several mid priced restaurants with fantastic food, or splurge for somewhere like Felix or go trendy to Aqua.

Go for a ride on one of the vintage double decker trams

Catch the Metro out to the Giant Buddha.

Plus there's so much more, especially shopping, if that's what you like.

Cheers,

Steve.

Kathy,

A couple of more suggestions -- shopping(especially for pearls or have your current peal necklace restrung), go to the Bird and Flower markets and if you are a bit more intrepid take the train out to Sha Tin and visit the Temple of the 10, 000 gold buddhas.

We are in Beijing now - (for 3 nights) and leaving for HKG this afternoon. Staying at Salisbury YMCA- recommended on Asia boards. Thanks for suggestions of what to do in HKG. See you on board the Pride- (my fellow sailors)

Kathy

Dear Kathy Steve covered most things but would also say Stanley is a must. Catch the number 6 bus for an interesting bus ride, thats if you are good with heights and up for some fun, if not take a taxi from Central it will cost about $150 HK at the most.

For a place for dinner go to Woolamooloo in Wan Chai for some of the best views in Hong Kong and not Felix prices. 256 Hennessy Road tel 28936960 they have a great restaurant and outside bar on the top floor. Open also for lunch. They also have a place in Lan Kwai Fong which is great but does not have the views, thats if you fancy some Western food. By the way this place Lan Kwai Fong great for people watching it has about 100 bars down the street, I live here in Hong Kong so if I can be of any other help do let me know.

Have a great time, P.s its cold here at the moment, but not as bad as China. Have a great trip Angie

Archived