Questions about upcoming cruise......

We are sailing on the Mariner 6/21 and have a few questions.

How does the murder mystery dinner work? Is there one on this cruise for 6/21 ?

How does the Wine dinner work? cost? specific night?

How does "My Time Dining work"? Do you sit at a large table with others?

How much $$ is a cab ride from LAX to the port?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Liz&Keith

How does "My Time Dining work"? Do you sit at a large table with others?

Liz&Keith

MTD, or My Time Dining, is AWESOME IMO. You can select not only the table size, but also the time you wish to dine each evening. Additionally, if you are pleased with your table & wait staff, you can request them each evening too.

A cab will be costly from LAX to the cruise terminal; so I'd suggest checking into Super Shuttle fares, or a similiar mode of transportation services in and around LAX.

Enjoy your cruise as the Mariner is a beautiful ship :)

The murder mystery will be one evening. It is not a serious mystery but it it a lot of fun. Start with sparkling wine and appetizers. Go on to dinner in Portofino (limited menu) with red and white wines. Go to the RCCL website and see if you can sign up for the MM dinner. That should tell you what night it will be.

I have not been to the wine dinner (also in Portofino) but we are planning on going on our 6/14/09 Mariner cruise - the last up the west coast.

As to transportation from the airport - go to the Port boards - West Coast and you will find a lot of info.

And make sure you visit the Roll Call for your cruise and then sign up for the Meet and Mingle.

We've done a cab twice leaving the port of San Pedro. Once to LAX, fare was in the $60 dollar range; the other time to John Wayne Airport (SNA?)... a little further away, the fare was in the $80 range. This was probably 3 or 4 years ago... don't know how much if any the cab fare has gone up.

Tim

I highly recommend the murder mystery dinner! We did it on the Jewel in April and had a blast! Don't expect anything "professional"...the actors were members of the entertainment staff and the whole thing was very "campy." We had a great time!

Liz&Keith

Super shuttle is $63 for 5 in a shared bus. We are on the Mariner on 6/21 also. We are flying in on 6/20 and staying at the double tree in San Pedro. We have a rental from enterprise for the day to use in CA.

Archived