Self Debarkation?

10XCRUISE

We are going on our 20th cruise 6/6 out of Baltimore. Can someone be specific and explain what 'self debarkation' is? Seems to me you have to drag your luggage from your cabin, down the steps or elevators and through the terminal where eveyone else's luggage is already waiting. What's the advantage?

That is correct. You have to carry all of your luggage off yourself. The only advantage of doing it this way is that you actually get off the ship faster, especially if you have an early flight out it really helps. We have always done it this way and never had any problems, as I don't like having to set my luggage out the night before, just "funny" about that.

Sue

The advantage is that you don't have to wait until your turn to leave the ship. You can leave whenever you want since self debarkation is called first. I do it all the time. It's much better than waiting.

we did self debarkation from Glory back in November--it was a nightmare; I don't think I'd do it again...everybody had the same idea we did it seemed, and to make it worse, there were engine troubles the night before so we were a couple of hours late reaching Port Canaveral....I had a heavy suitcase I had to get down the escalator (although I could have waited for an elevator), plus I was carrying a tote bag as well...neither the Carnival agents nor fellow passengers were in a courteous mood...ugh

Archived