Price Protection on Early Savers if Your Cat. is sold out

How do you check for a price drop if you catagory is sold out???
Think about it. If it is sold out, how could the price possibly drop? :confused:

As poobears said, it is possible to move to a higher category. But if you are satisfied with where you are, your price is as low as it is going to go unless there are cancellations down the road.

That is our situation for December. There are no more 8I cabins and I have no desire to move. But I'll be looking close to Final Due Date to see if there were any cancellations and CCL lowers the price to blow them out.

Think about it. If it is sold out, how could the price possibly drop? :confused:

\

That is why I asked. I was asking what my options are. I'm not an idiot, I understand they are not going to post the rates for my cat. if it is sold out. I was just wondering what my options are, not asking for your attitude!!!!!!

Here are some examples. Say you are booked in 6A for $500

6A is sold out so no more price drops

6B price dropped to $500, same as you paid

You can upgrade into the 6B, that is your new category to watch, then if the price drops below $500 you can price match it.

OR

6B price drops to $400, a hundred less then what you paid

You can upgrade into the 6B and get $100 OBC since it's below your booking price.

OR :)

6B price drops to $510, $10 more then what you paid

You can upgrade into the 6B for $10pp more and then price match any future 6b drops

Of course I just used 6b as an example it could be any higher category.

They did what you guys said. Since my cat. 5A was sold out and the cat 6B was the same price the upgraded me to a 6B. So I went from a porthole ocean view to a regular ocean view for the same price with the added bonus of having a cat. that isn't sold out so it is a little easier to check for price drops. Thanks for the help guys!!!!!:):p

They did what you guys said. Since my cat. 5A was sold out and the cat 6B was the same price the upgraded me to a 6B. So I went from a porthole ocean view to a regular ocean view for the same price with the added bonus of having a cat. that isn't sold out so it is a little easier to check for price drops. Thanks for the help guys!!!!!:):p

Congratulations on getting the 6B.

Don't know that it matters to you now, but Carnival eliminated the 5A category and just merged the porthole cabins with the cat 4's nearby on same deck. For example, I booked a porthole cabin on Main Deck on Fascination. That cabin is now classified as a 4B and that is the category I have to watch for price changes.

Just to clarify, there are no more 5As, thats why they dont show. All the 5As, are now classified as inside cabins, 4s. They could be sold out, but you needed to now be checking whichever inside category your previously 5A used to be. (clarifying in case this happens to someone else, your case had a happy ending).

Glad you got moved to a full window, awesome.

Congratulations on getting the 6B.

Don't know that it matters to you now, but Carnival eliminated the 5A category and just merged the porthole cabins with the cat 4's nearby on same deck. For example, I booked a porthole cabin on Main Deck on Fascination. That cabin is now classified as a 4B and that is the category I have to watch for price changes.

You typed faster than me, sorry, looks like you beat me to the explantion. Wasnt trying to step on toes....just typing and watching tv and too darn slow.

Archived