Victory 5/17/09 Review (and pics)--finally!

NCTribeFan

I didn't. In fact, I don't even thing we walked down the Promenade, except for the night we had to fight the mob and the lines for the photographers on Tuesday night after the Captain's Party!

I'm not a sweets eater, so I'm not normally attracted to this area of the ship. I have stopped and admired a carrot cake or two on previous sailings, but never purchased anything.

There's also a coffee bar in the Lido area. It's portside, aft, near the entrance to the stairwell/interior exit to the aft pool area.

The only time we purchased a specialty coffee was on Miracle, and only did that because I had one of those coupon books (think there was a buy 1, get one free, but not sure). And I sent DD down to get those so don't know if I even looked at the receipt.

Sorry! :o

Gonna try to fire up the scanner in a little bit and see if I can get those capers uploaded!

I'm getting a scanner error, so don't know if I'm going to be able to get those Capers loaded or not.

Sorry. I should've gotten it done in those couple of days I "worked" when I got back, but I wasn't anticipating that I'd be canned. :(

I love how it takes my brain two weeks before I remember some of the things!

The guide's name in Barbados was Philip. I couldn't remember and then it just suddenly came to me this morning.

And I totally forgot to mention that we went to the spa on the last afternoon. I've always said I wouldn't spend the time and money in the spa because I believe you can get better "treatments" for less or comparable cost on land and who wants to "waste" their precious cruise time in the spa?

Well, we didn't do a spa tour like we usually do. We normally go on the tour, fill out the drawing forms, and go to the drawing and never win anything.

This time, when we got back from our tour of Dominica, there was a card under the door saying I was a "2nd chance drawing" winner and could get $75 off a facial. I think that's what it said. Anyway, I put it on the counter and didn't think anything else about it, until we boarded after our tour of St Kitts. When we came back on board, the spa girls were handing out coupons for $50 off off some services.

When I got back to the cabin, I called the spa and asked if we could both book for that afternoon and were told to be there at 5:15.

So, we both had facials. Mine cost $44 and DD's was $69 (normally cost $119), plus I gave $20 tip each.

We were given a "treatment plan" with the list of products which, of course, were rather expensive, but there was no pressure to buy.

It was really very nice, and I'm glad I did it, especially at those prices. After that long week and all that sun, wind and saltwater exposure, it was great to lie there, relax, and my skin felt and looked great afterward.

I thouroughly enjoyed your review and pics. I will be onboard in two weeks and can't wait. I too enjoy the different beers on each island.

Do you happen to remember what movies and concerts were playing on the Seaside Theatre? I much prefer to sit out and watch a movie than to go to a show.

• 8 months later...

Archived