Balcony or Suite

joebert

I booked a balcony room on the Dawn for the January 24, 2010 sailing. When I booked it the rate was $669.00 per person. The rate dropped to $559.00 and this has been adjusted by NCL. Checking the website is saw I could get a suite for $749.00.

We have been on about 10 cruises on various lines (never NCL) and have had inside, outside and balcony cabins. The size of the room has never been an issue even with 3 people (wife, kid and myself).

I am trying to decide if it is worth it to upgrade to the suite. The only differences I can find on website is a bathtub and larger room.

Any other benefits?

I can afford the upgrade but I need to justify it.

Are you considering changing to a mini-suite or is it a full suite? Mini-suites are generally referred to on this board as deluxe balconies - they have the tub in the bathroom but don't include any of the suite ameneties. If that is what you're looking at, I probably wouldn't make the change unless you would like slightly more room.

If you are considering a full suite - it is definitely worth the price. There are many extra perks that come with the suites that would make this a great buy. My guess is that you are looking at changing to the mini-suite though.

Joe.. I have to agree with the previous poster unless the mini is AFT. If you can get a mini suite on the AFT it is worth it for sure. We LOVE the AFT. But as previously noted, you will not get the same perks as if it were a full suite. A full suite is worth it just for the priority embarkation and disembarkation and being able to have breakfast and lunch in Cagneys. Plus the services of the Concierge and Butler. But if it is a mini anywhere else on the ship, I would pass and save your money for excursions or specialty restaurants, etc.

A full suite is great, but amazed how many people say it is worth it. Maybe they are referring to the price quote above which of course would be worth it.

Apparently most people do not think the regular prices for full suites are worth it as they are still available most of the time.

Mini suite - nice but not worth alot.

Thanks again for all the input.

I decided to switch from Category BD to Category BA (Cabin 11112). I was $50.00 per person more. I will use the price difference to get the Spa Pass for the week. The cabin is right down the hall from the Spa. I will get more use out of the Spa than the extra 90 square feet.

From reading previous posts I believe the mini suite also has a drape which divides the cabin the bedroom and sofa bed which provides some privacy and light blockout if there are more than 2 people.

From reading previous posts I believe the mini suite also has a drape which divides the cabin the bedroom and sofa bed which provides some privacy and light blockout if there are more than 2 people.

Yes, and to us, that is the biggest reason to book this cabin. One of us often gets up early and being able to sit in the other half of the cabin is great while the other sleeps. That is the only part I could justify to call this a mini-suite.

Archived