Paris Layover

DH and I fly into Charles de Gaulle at 5 PM and do not leaving until 10 AM the next morning.

My question is what can we see while there and what is the best what to get there? We are night owls so can stay up late. THANKS!

I was just in Paris last fall, and we took the train from CDG into the city. It takes about 45 min or so, depending on where your first location is. I would think you would be able to see a few things, at least Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower should be open later than some of the museums....look up the hours of those as I'm not sure when you are going. Also (I didn't do this) but I hear the views from Sacre Couer are great at sunset.

And their metro is pretty easy. I'd study it beforehand.

You will be able to see LOTS! If your visit is between June 13 and August 31 the Eiffel tour is open to go up in the elevator or climb the steps partway up until MIDNIGHT!! Also to be able to see it all lit up at night ---- PRICELESS!!!

If you are in Paris on a Wednesday or Friday evening the Louvre is open until 10 PM.

Notre Dame Cathedral is open until 6:45 PM and 7:15 on Saturday and Sunday (may want to head there very first on the train.)

The walk from the Louvre area and the Tuillery Gardens down the Champs Elyse to the Arc de Triomphe is MUST DO and will be great in the evening. I could not find the hours for the Arc de Triumphe, but there is no elevator in the arch, so be prepared to walk up 234 steps. It is then just a 15-20 minute walk further to the Eiffel Tower. Bear left as you face the Arc - but that will be self-evident! Be sure and view the Eiffel Tower from the top of the garden steps with the fountains there for some fabulous pictures, especially all lit up at night!!!! ENJOY beautiful PARIS and be sure to walk along the Seine in the (hopefully) moonlight!

DH and I fly into Charles de Gaulle at 5 PM and do not leaving until 10 AM the next morning.

My question is what can we see while there and what is the best what to get there? We are night owls so can stay up late. THANKS!

We did the following last September. We Left Venice at about 6 PM, got to Paris after 8 PM, went through customs very quickly (our baggage was checked through to the US) and caught the RER B train to Paris at the well marked station inside the CDG airport, got off at the St Michel-Notre Dame station and transferred to the RER C train that took us directly to the Champ de Mars station which is only a block from the Eiffel Tower. We got to the tower before 9:30, stayed in the area under the Tower for over an hour to take some night pictures and watch the light show (we didn't go up the tower, because we had been there before), and then did the return trip back to the airport and were back at CDG just before midnight. We stayed overnite in a hotel adjacent to the airport and caught our flight to the US at about 10 AM.

Since you get to Paris a few hours earlier than we did, you should have plenty of time to go up the tower to get some night views. Note that the train transfer station is St. Michel-Notre Dame, so you could also easily get out there and take the short walk to Notre Dame. That area is also very pretty at night. Keep in mind that the last train from Paris to CDG airport is at or about midnight.

HTH.:)

Here's a link to the Paris RER and Metro Map. http://www.ecocompactcity.org/Metrop...-Metro-Map.gif

went through customs very quickly (our baggage was checked through to the US)

There should be neither customs nor immigration as you are travelling intra-EU and intra-Schengen from Venice to Paris.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived