Review of CB May 24-June 2

prg2101

We will be sailing in August for our 25th anniversary and looking forward to it!! Did you use the sanctuary at all?

Chris

We were on the same sailing and reserved the sanctuary for the entire cruise; it was the best thing we did. The beds were amazing; you basically pick your chair, in sun or shade, and that's your chair for the entire cruise.. They will move you alternatively if they can. I didn't see anyone not accommodated. If you want to do it for the entire week, you must be one of the first 20 to reserve, after that, it's a day to day rental - $20 for the day or $10 for 1/2 days. If you do it for the entire cruise it works out to $15 per day. You can order lunch up there, drinks etc. and there is always cold water, citrus water and cucumber water. Cold towels and spray each afternoon. The music at the main pools was very loud and it was impossible to have a conversation even with the person sitting next to you without shouting. It wouldn't have been as relaxing a cruise without having the sanctuary to retreat to each day.

Nice Review. We will be sailing CP in July. Do the comments mean we have to pay $20.00 extra per day to find a quiet relaxing place to enjoy the sun and fresh air on this cruise. This is our first time on one of the megaships. Do you know of any other hidden gem of a place that's free?

Nice Review. We will be sailing CP in July. Do the comments mean we have to pay $20.00 extra per day to find a quiet relaxing place to enjoy the sun and fresh air on this cruise. This is our first time on one of the megaships. Do you know of any other hidden gem of a place that's free?

The promenade deck or your balcony, if you have one. Outdoors, I'm afraid this is pretty much it.

The pool all the way Aft can be a quiet place to retreat.......:)

You can always use the Lotus Spa pool. It's very quiet too, especially since it's next to the Sanctuary.

thanks for your review. My husband and I are considering this cruise this summer and I was wondering if you could tell me if the Red Hook embarkation is similar to the NYC one in that the ramp to get onto the ship is very very steep? He has recently developed some mobility issues and would not be able to walk up the steep ramp in the NYC pier and would likely need to have wheelchair assistance, I was wondering if the Brooklyn pier was the same.

Welcome to my review of our cruise on the CB this past week, we had a great time and to give a heads up this was our 4th cruise and our 1st on Princess so not a vet but not a newbie......

What ship is the CB? (Sorry - new to Princess and still learning the abbreviations.)

The pool all the way Aft can be a quiet place to retreat.......:)

I agree that the back (aft ) pool and terrace are a great place for relaxing without the crowds or the noise. Just be prepared for some wind...

Jim

The balcony was HUGE but that is the balcony on Aloha deck....different from suite on caribea deck-----HOW SO ????

would you prefer A751 over C748 other than the location???

is the balcony larger ??? cabin larger ???

did you have noises from the pool area above ???

The balcony was HUGE but that is the balcony on Aloha deck....different from suite on caribea deck-----HOW SO ????

would you prefer A751 over C748 other than the location???

is the balcony larger ??? cabin larger ???

did you have noises from the pool area above ???

I dont know much about the caribe deck cabins but A-751 is a suite so its

very large and I had one of the largest balconies I have ever seen.....couldnt even tell the pool was above us though

Both Boroughs of New York City, NY ( Manhattan and Brooklyn ) are actual on tidal estuaries.

Request Wheel Chair assistance for boarding there and well when youall disembark.

Under the Disabilty Act passed when ( R ) President Ronald Reagan was President in Office this has certian requirements which allow all citizens certain rights.

A few Cruise Lines were laggard in implementations ..such as still NCL is ...

Call your T/A and ask for the assistance ASAP .

Have a great Cruise!@:cool:

thanks for your review. My husband and I are considering this cruise this summer and I was wondering if you could tell me if the Red Hook embarkation is similar to the NYC one in that the ramp to get onto the ship is very very steep? He has recently developed some mobility issues and would not be able to walk up the steep ramp in the NYC pier and would likely need to have wheelchair assistance, I was wondering if the Brooklyn pier was the same.

We had a great time as well. The highlight was the chef's table with the corporate master chef Alfredo Marzi. It was over the top. This was our first cruise on Princess as our previous four were all RCL. I can say that nothing is way better than RCL but everything is a little better, for sure. We loved the wine bar, and became regulars before dinner. The anytime dining worked well for us with a party of five, we never had to wait.

The food was pretty good in the Horizon and Caribe, they are buffet's not fine dining. The first day seafood buffet was a nice touch.

The Crown Grill was ok, but probably not worth the upcharge, and the service was very slow.

The dining room food was very good, and the service was always good.

As far as the pools, we found the sanctuary pool to be the most relaxing, and just hung out on the deck right above and behind the pool, it's a nice area and never crowded.

The rest of the ship is very nice, a good selection/variety of bars and the entertainment was at least pretty good.

We had a balcony cabin on Aloha deck and had our daughter with us. I'm glad we all get along well, it was a bit tight.

Sorry this is all over the place but I just don't have time to do a complete review.

Archived