Transferring Deposit

lil buddy

:confused:Does anyone have any advice for me, regarding getting credit for a deposit ? I booked the O/S for a fall cruise, and final payment has

not been made yet. My son is waiting for a kidney transplant and I

do not want to be across the country for 2 weeks, at this time.

I didn't take insurance, when I booked.....I take that when I make

final payment.

All I would like to do is transfer the deposit to a different sailing, at a later date.

To further complicate things, my PCC, who was great, is no longer there

and the girl I spoke to earlier today, wasn't able to do anything for me.

Is this a case of ask until you get the answer you want, or call corporate ?

If anyone has any suggestions or names and titles of people to contact, I would be grateful.

For what it is worth, we are frequent NCL cruisers (2-3) a year and

always in the O/S.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Barb

That makes no sense. If final payment has not been made there is no problem you simply cancel or ask them to rebook you on the new cruise and transfer the deposit. the PCC should have no trouble with that, unless you booked with a TA originally but you say you used a PCC that is not there any more.

Call again and if the PCC you get says they can't help you ask for the supervisor.

I understand that the deposit requirements are different for some categories of cabin than others... is the O/S one of these? I think the recommendation to speak to a supervisor is a good one. Your circumstances are fairly uncommon, and while any PCC you speak to will have the power to make changes that any PCC can make, a supervisor may have more freedom to make discretionary choices.

Good luck, and I wish all the best to your son. :)

Normally, this is treated as a CANCEL, and then a new booking later.

As said above, I think the Owners Suite required a rather large deposit upfront - maybe in full?

In any event, cancel charges are different than regular cabins. See this link:

https://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=IndivTermsConditions#payment

Let us know what happens.

Normally, this is treated as a CANCEL, and then a new booking later.

As said above, I think the Owners Suite required a rather large deposit upfront - maybe in full?

In any event, cancel charges are different than regular cabins. See this link:

https://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=IndivTermsConditions#payment

Let us know what happens.

Yes I completely missed the Owners suite part, that does make a difference. but Supervisor is still the way to go.

If I am reading the cancelation policy correctly, I should be entitled to a 75% of my deposit.

I will certainly call again tomorrow and call Miami, if necessary.

Thank you all for your suggestions and than you Canadian for your

kind wishes for my son.

If I am reading the cancelation policy correctly, I should be entitled to a 75% of my deposit.

I will certainly call again tomorrow and call Miami, if necessary.

Thank you all for your suggestions and than you Canadian for your

kind wishes for my son.

Barbara,

I cannot help with your question, but I wish your son only the best on his upcoming transplant. My brother age 31, recieved a new kidney on May 13th of this year. I was the original donor but due to some health issues, I was not able to go through with the donation. My sil his wife was able to donate hers. Its been an uphill battle for him, I will pray that your son has an uneventful transplant along with a speedy recovery. If you have any questions please ask...this has been a learning experience for my family and myself. My brother's transplant was due to his diabetes.

Liza

OP.. you do have my best wishes and thoughts for you and your son and all you are going through right now.

I don't know if this helps you at all, but we booked the O/S this past March for a cruise May of 2010 and on our guest reciept, it does show that even that far out we are in a cancel fee period. I know you have been given the link for the deposit stuff for O/S, CV's and GV's, but I never could really understand it. I just know when we booked well over a year out, we were in a cancel fee period. NCL seems to be very strick about this. I know I read on here not too too long ago about someone who had booked an O/S and was trying to change her reservation from a O/S to like an AB and two or three BA's. So in other words, a lot more money than she was spending on her AA alone. NCL still held to the cancel fee policy since she was changing from an AA to something else, so as much as I hate to say it, I feel they might be firm with you even if you are just wanting to change the sailing date. I hope not, but that is my fear. Please let us know how it works out and please keep us up on your DS.

Thank you all ,again ,for your thoughts about my son. I had a kidney transplant 7 years ago, with numerous complications, but I am fine now.

He has the same problem I have (PKD), but we thought it would be many years before he would face a transplant. I am very optimistic that he will

do just fine and this story will have a happy ending.

The deposit issue, pales in comparison, but I will give it my best shot and

see what happens.

Again, thanks for the support and advise.

Barb

Archived