# power outlets - Eurodam balcony cabin

travelbugbit

We had cabin 7095, Category VA, on our Eurodam cruise. There were a total of 115V AC outlets in the cabin: two by the desk and one in the bathroom (up in the light bar). I don't know if all verandah cabins have the same number of outlets, though. I hope this helps you. Have a great cruise! :)

Number of outlets should be the same, except for suites. I believe the bathroom outlet only works when the light is on, so it's unsuitable for charging, and is rather high up in any case.

However, HAL now asks passengers to request one of HAL's own approved extension cords from your steward, rather than bringing your own.

(I usually pack one anyway, in case they run out :o.)

We were in a VA in April. The configuration of the outlet didn't allow us to charge our batteries(it was too close to the counter). Our cabin steward actually took them to his cabin and charged them for us.

If you have a dual-voltage appliance, such as a laptop charger, there are two 220v outlets over the desk also - but you will need a plug adapter, as they are the European dual round pin.

:D I just thought it was cool to have a pink phone, that's all. Never thought too much about charging it until I gave up the land line. For me, life can be simple. Not too techno. Why do people need so many power strips on a cruise? I don't get it. What are they doing?

It's called LIGHTS,ACTION,CAMERAS! Twinkle lights for over the bar, the computer for downloading and viewing all the fun you had that day, and then theres ALL those different cameras that are a BIG part of the entertainment that we provide for ourselves, so as NOT to be disappointed in what the/any ship would offer us. Just my humble opinion!:rolleyes:

PIPEDREAMS 62--I must say, and I've meant to for a VERY long time, that you JUST CRACK ME UP with your superior grasp of all situations and the absolute finest comeback via visual aids! ;)

Has anyone been in a category VD cabin to share the # of outlets in those? Thanks!

Thanks, Bill, for your reply.

We were in VD 4043: 2 outlets at the desk and one in the bathroom. I took a power strip but never used it, the two outlets were enough for us.

2022937450102790654S600x600Q85.jpg

:D I just thought it was cool to have a pink phone, that's all. Never thought too much about charging it until I gave up the land line. For me, life can be simple. Not too techno. Why do people need so many power strips on a cruise? I don't get it. What are they doing?

Yet you are able to capable of conversing here on them Internets... :rolleyes:

I believe the bathroom outlet only works when the light is on, so it's unsuitable for charging, and is rather high up in any case.
Not so. Our nightlight was plugged in to that outlet. It worked in the dark. It is impossibly high for us shorter folk though. That was the only time I've left the nightlight on the ship. I couldn't reach it and forgot to have DH get it down for me.

Archived