Special diet

coberg

You will be able to find skim milk (if you receive a blank look when asking for it, use the term "fat free milk" rather than skim). As for a special salad dressing, I've never asked for it, although I do routinely ask for my dressing on the side so I can control the quantity. You can bring a bottle onboard and keep it in your frig.

You will not find low salt foods unless you arrange this with NCl well in advance. When you receive your docs, look for the email contact for "special needs" (or hopefully someone on CC will know the address). One of my few complaints about NCL is that the food does tend to be saltier than I like. I wish they would just let everyone salt to taste at the table, rather than load up in the kitchen!

NCl always has a heart healthy option (or two) on each menu. Also, they promote their sugar free desserts (which I can't eat, so I don't know if they're any good LOL). However, these are frequently high fat desserts with artificial sweeteners in place of the sugar- still high fat!

Diet

NCL offers breakfast, lunch and dinner menus that include low-calorie, haute cuisine recipes from Cooking Light magazine. Our top-rated chefs can also prepare vegetarian entrees (nutrition information provided), as well as low/no sodium and low/no cholesterol entrees. Sugar-free and fat-free desserts are also available.

from

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=GuestsSpecialNeeds

My wife has Celiac (Gluten intolerance) We get with the Matre'd when we board and they have always taken the best care of us. We email the ship (accessdesk@ncl.com) a month or so before our trip and they walked us right through the process. NCL is fabulous about special diets.

Have a great & safe trip

engineer

Most cruise lines -- dare I say ALL cruise lines --- will do their best to accomodate various diets (kosher, Hindu, Halal, low salt, Et.Cet), all they ask is for sufficient advance notice so that proper arrangements can be made.

Michael

My wife has Celiac (Gluten intolerance) We get with the Matre'd when we board and they have always taken the best care of us. We email the ship (accessdesk@ncl.com) a month or so before our trip and they walked us right through the process. NCL is fabulous about special diets.

Have a great & safe trip

engineer

My wife has Celiac as well. Can you tell me how they worked this out. Celebrity accomidated sp it very well, but there was a set dining time.:D THanks

Most cruise lines -- dare I say ALL cruise lines --- will do their best to accomodate various diets (kosher, Hindu, Halal, low salt, Et.Cet), all they ask is for sufficient advance notice so that proper arrangements can be made.

Michael

I wouldn't say all cruise lines based on our observations and experience. NCL ranks at or near the top in terms of attempting to accommodate special dietary requests. When we were on Cunard, we observed someone at an another table having a horrible time with a simple special dietary request. Both the wait and kitchen staff were rude and uncooperative.

• 3 years later...

Archived