Wine &Dine Package---Dollar or Euro?

Hi,

I was going to pre order the wine & dine package through rccl website for my med cruise in july,but they are charging in euro.I thought the ship charged everything to your card in dollars.:confused:.

The exchange rate at the moment brit pound to euro is dire,so if I would rather pay in dollars,or am I getting it wrong!not very good at converting money.

Thanks in advance.

Taffygirl

As it is a US parent company presumably they use a conversion figure to put on the website? Do they change this in line with fluctuations or pick a figure and run with that? If the latter is the case, then is it possible that it would be cheaper onboard if the rate went up as it seems to be doing now?

I am thinking of buying the same package as it iseems like a good deal in comparision to buying individual bottles, but am not sure if to do it upfront or onboard. Any advice? Does anyone know what figure RCI are using currently for £ to $ conversion?

We've decided it's currently better to book onboard (in July) rather than to prebook due to the exchange rates at the moment. The pound has been getting slightly stronger against the dollar so if this continues we should get a better deal that way.

For instance the current 7 bottle Gold package is selling at £130.40 on the UK site, but shows on the US site as $181.70 - that's around £114 on today's exchange rate.

Hi,

I was going to pre order the wine & dine package through rccl website for my med cruise in july,but they are charging in euro.I thought the ship charged everything to your card in dollars.:confused:.

The exchange rate at the moment brit pound to euro is dire,so if I would rather pay in dollars,or am I getting it wrong!not very good at converting money.

Thanks in advance.

Taffygirl

Did you book your cruise in euros or pounds?

You can only do precruise purchases for things like wine or shore excursions in the currency you booked your cruise in.

For example our last Dec. X Century TA cruise was bought in euros thus my precruise purchases had to done in euros. Our last cruise was bought in USD so precruise purchases could only be done in USD. The same goes if I pay for a cruise in CAD.

Like others have said the currency on board is USD and IMO also, at this time it's better to wait to buy on board in USD. Last Dec. for our X cruise it was better , savings of about 10%, to buy precruise in euros when compared to the USD prices. I would continue to watch the precruise offerings in your booked currency as it may change to your advantage before your sailing date as precruise purchases can be done up to 3 days before sailing..

Hi all,

just logged into rccl.co.uk and they charge in £'s--clicked rccl.com and they want euro's-obviously logged on the wrong site:o.

Still,I think I will wait untill I'm onboard to order the package as should work to my advantage,as long as the £ stays stronger to the $.

Thanks for your help.

Taffygirl

Still,I think I will wait untill I'm onboard to order the package

As I understand it, if you book online in advance the 15% gratuity is included in the price, but if you wait & buy it on the ship the 15% is added to the price.

So even at a poor exchange rate, you will pay less for it in advance. I'm sure someone can clarify this for us.....

Hi all,

just logged into rccl.co.uk and they charge in £'s--clicked rccl.com and they want euro's-obviously logged on the wrong site:o.

Still,I think I will wait untill I'm onboard to order the package as should work to my advantage,as long as the £ stays stronger to the $.

Thanks for your help.

Taffygirl

When you log on to royalcaribbean.com you can specify which country you are from (or want to check prices in) by clicking on Not From country? Change Country

If you don't see this when on the RC site, it is because you have a cookie or cookies from RC on your computer identifying you and maybe which country you are from. If you see Welcome with your first name when on their site that means you have the RC cookies. Clear those cookies so to RC you are someone new to them. Be warned if you clear all the cookies from your computer you will have to register again at all site you visit or do things at. I keep one of my three computer free of RC cookies that identify me by never logging onto My Cruises account at RC when using that computer so I get the questions re if I've ever cruises before when I go onto RC's site with that computer.

As I understand it, if you book online in advance the 15% gratuity is included in the price, but if you wait & buy it on the ship the 15% is added to the price.

So even at a poor exchange rate, you will pay less for it in advance. I'm sure someone can clarify this for us.....

Yes, that's true that the online Wine & Dine prices include the 15% gratuity but they are 15% higher than what is advertised on board so there isn't any savings.

EG, the five bottles Gold W&D Pkg is approximately $113 on board then you add the 15% gratuity and $130 online. End result is the same.

It is my understanding that now, (previously it was as you stated) drinks prices include the gratuity both onboard and for pre booked packages. Perhaps someone can confirm this?

It was as I stated above for the Wine & Dine Pkgs on our Radiance repositioning from S.A. cruise that arrived in San Diego on the 11th of last month.

Archived