Gem vs. Jewel

Ok, so there is 1502 tons difference between them.........what gives the extra weight on the Gem?

Also, looking at itineraries on both that would work for us, and just wondering if there is a preference from those who've been on both?

Thanks

Having cruised on both, I would givea slight nod to the Gem, just because it's a touch newer. I would be more than happy cruising on either, so I would make my choice based on price and itinerary, not the ship.

The Gem also has a couple of features the Jewel doesn't...the Bliss lounge with its bowling alleys and the rock climbing wall. These aren't important to us, but they may be to you.

Ok, so there is 1502 tons difference between them.........what gives the extra weight on the Gem?

Also, looking at itineraries on both that would work for us, and just wondering if there is a preference from those who've been on both?

Thanks

Tons are not weight but the difference in space in part is the addition of 2 Deluxe Owners suites. The Gem adds the Bliss nightclub with bowling. They also added a rock climbing wall.

I have been on the Jewel once and the Gem 3 times. Not a preference in ship but rather a preference in itinerary.

Both ships have more similarities then differences.

Archived