Rum Runner question

luckydogone

We will not have time to stop after the airport to buy booze. I want to carry Champagne in a rum runner for about 24 hours. I was also going to use one for beer. We will drink them the first night on the ship.

Has anyone used them for Champange or beer for a short time? Does it keep the bubbles or does it go flat? I was told you can not buy booze before noon on Sundays in Miami. Is this true?

Thanks

Though I have normally taken a small amount of alcohol on board in plastic water bottles in checked luggage, I did buy some rumrunners for cruise in Oct. I always enjoyed getting great deals on the ship and ports and being able to carry the alcohol on board the plane...those days of carrying the cardboard cartons full of booze are long gone. I think I will fill the rumrunners with bought booze on the cruise and pack them in checked luggage for the flight home. I could still do the plastic water bottle thing, but these will lay flatter. I also just ordered some of the sugar free mixes from Baja Bob, so I may be taking one of his martini mixes too. I heard they come in plastic bottles. I could probably carry that on since it doesn't have alcohol in it and just order a vodka rocks on board...probably cheaper than a ship martini....(and less calories)...LOL!

Star. if you can fit the Bottle of Champagne into you check luggage, you should have no problems. The airlines don't care and Carnival allows one bottle per pax.

The beer, well, I have read on here that people get it through in checked luggage as well, but it sure would be easy for them to catch.

I have no experience with the RRs, but I would think beer or bubbly would go flat pretty quick.

I don't get the whole RumRunner thing. But it's is worth a try I suppose. Last couple of cruises after putting my bag thru the machine the operator says "see the man at the table and check your booze" I say "ok'" and just keep on walking straight to my room. No one gave me a second look.

One cruise we came back on the ship with one of the booze boxes with cigarettes in it. They made us go to the check table and gave my husband a hard time about whether it was booze or not. come on, it only weighed a couple of pounds, what kind of booze is that?

Though I have normally taken a small amount of alcohol on board in plastic water bottles in checked luggage, I did buy some rumrunners for cruise in Oct. I always enjoyed getting great deals on the ship and ports and being able to carry the alcohol on board the plane...those days of carrying the cardboard cartons full of booze are long gone. I think I will fill the rumrunners with bought booze on the cruise and pack them in checked luggage for the flight home. I could still do the plastic water bottle thing, but these will lay flatter. I also just ordered some of the sugar free mixes from Baja Bob, so I may be taking one of his martini mixes too. I heard they come in plastic bottles. I could probably carry that on since it doesn't have alcohol in it and just order a vodka rocks on board...probably cheaper than a ship martini....(and less calories)...LOL!

Why would you pack liquor into rum runners for your flight home? Why not just back the bottle into your luggage??

Archived