? about ordering food in the courtyard

I understand that we can order food from any of the surcharge restaurants to be brought to the courtyard. I know we have to pay the surcharge - Do we sign for it and is there a place on the bill to add a gratuity? If there is a place to add gratuity - who gets it? The restaurant or the butler?

There is another thread on how much to tip concierge and butler. Obviously extra services, such as meal delivery, need to be recognized. Just wondering if we can do that on the bill.

Does this question make any sense?

I understand that we can order food from any of the surcharge restaurants to be brought to the courtyard. I know we have to pay the surcharge - Do we sign for it and is there a place on the bill to add a gratuity? If there is a place to add gratuity - who gets it? The restaurant or the butler?

There is another thread on how much to tip concierge and butler. Obviously extra services, such as meal delivery, need to be recognized. Just wondering if we can do that on the bill.

Normally, you would give your butler a cash gratuity at the end of the cruise...although there may be some who prefer to tip them for each individual service. I suspect that if you added the gratuity onto the charge slip for the restaurant meal, that tip would go into the pool that is shared by the restaurant wait staff rather than to your butler...but I'm really not certain. The safe thing to do is to tip your butler directly.

so when i sign the ticket do i add 15% knowing it will be split by the restaurant wait staff, or do i add a token gratuity and remember my butler at the end of the cruise?? Or do i do both? I am all for acknowledging service but... Tipping these days is getting a little crazy. The pizza people in my town even have a space on the ticket to add a tip when i pick up carry-out pizza!!

The courtyard butler is different from your normal butler. There is a person who I guess you could call a butler who has the responsibility of taking drink & food order from courtyard guests. I would tip them seperately, but I would think any tip on the signed receipt would go to them. We were not impressed with the one on our cruise. We decided it was much better to just go to the restaurant.

The Courtyard butler, we tipped separately at the end of the cruise as we did our room butler. Our Courtyard butler got us many, many drinks (which included the auto gratuity) and one lunch from Cagney's poolside and another day we ordered from the Courtyard menu. We didn't add to the auto gratuity on our drink orders and instead chose to tip him extra in cash at the end of the cruise.

Hope that helps!

recognize that there is only a charge for courtyard passengers ordering for CAGNEY's DINNER in the courtyard. Cagney's lunch is gratis, so no check for that. I think the only fee restaurant open for lunch is the sushi bar and you would pay for that. To be clear, if you order dinner from any of the fee restaurants anywhere (courtyard, GV, OS, etc) you pay the fee. but cagney's lunch is fee-free.

Archived