Star to Alaska

For anyone that has cruised on the Star to Alaska, I read on another board that NCL collects our passports for the stop in Prince Rupert island. All this for a six hour stop? Also, how long did it take to go through customs here?

When I went on the Star in 2006, we didn't stop at Prince Rupert Island but in Victoria, BC. Either way, NCL did not collect our passports...we just passed through customs like any other port.

Enjoy Alaska...it is beautiful!:D

NayRN

For anyone that has cruised on the Star to Alaska, I read on another board that NCL collects our passports for the stop in Prince Rupert island. All this for a six hour stop? Also, how long did it take to go through customs here?

Getting on and off at Victoria several weeks ago, although we carried our passports with us, no one asked for them. All we showed was the room key card to go through the checkpoints, off and back on. No delay at all there.

Never heard that one before. Last year on the Star when we stopped at Prince Rupert we took our passports with us through customs/immigration.

Enjoy your cruise, we love the Star and loved taking her so much for our Alaskan cruise that we booked her again for the same cruise next year.

Just got back from the Star the first week in June. Just take your passport on shore with you. Customs, the line was short and took about five minutes. As others have said, not much to do there. Our highpoint was an eagle in a tree and dropping the uneaten head of the fish down on us.

Archived