Do I need to transfer booking

jeanarch

How do u do this? I am booked on the Triumph for a November cruise but can't seem to get my agent to answer my e-mails...I contacted the company and just got excuses. If I were to look around for another agent could I do this??? I have only put up the initial deposit so far but I hate to keep sending money to someone who will not communicate. I just needed some questions answered.

Are you early saver?? If so then if you cancelled, you would lose your deposit. Maybe you can ask to speak to a supervisor, as it is extremely hard to transfer from one TA to another TA at a different company, the first would have to agree to sign off and give up their commission.

Just call a Carnival PVP, they can change you to them on the phone.

You make it sound like its just a matter of calling and saying I want to change, you have to document how many times you tried to get in touch and how many days since you attempted to contact them etc. You have to be willing to say the TA is doing a bad job for Carnival from Carnival to remove the booking from them.

You make it sound like its just a matter of calling and saying I want to change, you have to document how many times you tried to get in touch and how many days since you attempted to contact them etc. You have to be willing to say the TA is doing a bad job for Carnival from Carnival to remove the booking from them.

Sounds to me like they are doing a bad job, e-mails & phone calls to the company and still no contact?

~~you can't cancel your booking with the TA if you can't get ahold of them, you "have to call Carnival"

I'm sure the OP knows how many times they called, i'd want to switch also.

And it is a matter of calling Carnival to get things staightened out, so whats the problem......you their travel agent or something:rolleyes:

Sounds to me like they are doing a bad job, e-mails & phone calls to the company and still no contact?

~~you can't cancel your booking with the TA if you can't get ahold of them, you "have to call Carnival"

I'm sure the OP knows how many times they called, i'd want to switch also.

And it is a matter of calling Carnival to get things staightened out, so whats the problem......you their travel agent or something:rolleyes:

Once a person books with a TA, the TA "OWNS" that booking. NOT Carnival.

A PVP can switch your booking to a TA with a phone call, no problem. The PVP retains credit for the booking. But vice versa, The booking IS the business property of the TA. For starters Carnival would HAVE to contact the TA to discuss the problem.

PVP to TA, PVP gets booking credit, TA makes commission.

TA to PVP, TA forfeits commission. [NOT without a fight.]

Just call a Carnival PVP, they can change you to them on the phone.

Incorrect info... the OP's TA has to release the booking and then if they are unwilling to release the booking, the OP should then contact CCL and advise of what has occured and seek assistance. A PVP cannot just simply take over the booking with a mere phone call....lots more hurdles than that they must go thru.

\MY point is...how is the TA going to release the booking if they can not get ahold the TA and no one in the company is willing to help??

I had issues with a TA and called Carnival, thats why I know its not nearly as easy as one phone call, sure Carnival will change it. Twice what they did was transfer me to the 800 # at the TA, without staying on the line. Great, it was a voicemail where they never call back (never did once).

Thats how Carnival handled it when I said I was having trouble contacting a TA. I called back a 3rd time, and made sure I told them before they disconnected, I wanted a 3 way party line call (still didnt help). They immediately kept just dialing the TA and hanging up on the line.

I just wanted the OP to know its not as easy as just picking up the phone and calling Carnival.

My goodness....so much information...Thanks to all of you that have responded....I will mull over all the answers and get the gist of them....then I will try once again to get in touch with the TA....If no response then I will again call the Travel Company....If then no response I will seek advice from Carnival. Does this seem like an appropriate action?????

My goodness....so much information...Thanks to all of you that have responded....I will mull over all the answers and get the gist of them....then I will try once again to get in touch with the TA....If no response then I will again call the Travel Company....If then no response I will seek advice from Carnival. Does this seem like an appropriate action?????

The easiest is if you aren't booked early saver, simply cancel the cruise. You might have to eat a cancellation fee ($25?) but it will be worth it. Then call a PVP and book direct. They always answer their phone.

Peter

Archived