Spirit Cabin 10686-anyone seen/stayed in it?

Sairey

Thanks! I hope you left a little of that heat on the balcony for me! We may need it in Canada.

There is definately more floor space. Was the closet and bathroom about the same as the rest of the rooms? I hear they are fairly decent size on the Spirit so hopefully it is at least as big as the rest. Nice balcony!! Hope you had a nice trip and are resting up. Thanks for the pictures.

The closet and bathroom are the same size as any other balcony cabin. The balcony is wide, but not very deep -- barely enough room to squeeze by the chairs -- but that's typical of all the balcony cabins on the Spirit.

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked this cabin and now I'm not sure it's what I want. The noise above, the "traffic", the vibration, the maintenance equipment. I also like to sit on the balcony having coffee in the morning and wonder if it will be too hot to enjoy it.:eek:

If you're docked port side to the pier, you will be absolutely fine in the morning -- it's the afternoon sun that's the killer!:eek:

If you're docked port side to the pier, you will be absolutely fine in the morning -- it's the afternoon sun that's the killer!:eek:

In the picture you posted of the bed, what is the door on the right? Bathroom, hall??? It doesn't look very wide, just deep. I booked it but I'm still not sure I want to be there.

In the picture you posted of the bed, what is the door on the right? Bathroom, hall??? It doesn't look very wide, just deep. I booked it but I'm still not sure I want to be there.

The door to the right of the bed is the bathroom -- barely enough room to fully open the door, but we didn't have a problem.

Like I said, this cabin did have it's pros and cons; if you're sailing when the kids are in school a lot of the issues we had would be non-existent.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What surprises me is that if they went to the trouble of making this NEW larger cabin that they did not adapt the bathroom and make it a HC cabin since there are NO HC balcony cabins on the Spirit at all and only 7 HC cabins total all of the INSIDE cabins.

That to me would be the only reason to make this larger cabin. But of course it does not look like that is what they did.

• 3 weeks later...

It varies from year to year from what I hear. However, my cruise was COLD! They were having an "unseasonally" cold October cold front. There were flurries during the wee hours and some snow on the ground in La Baie and some drizzly/sleet in Charlottetown. Quebec was a sunny day but 35 and windy. Except for maybe the first day in Bar Harbor (still very cold and windy to me )it never got over 40 and was usually 32-26 and WINDY. I still had fun and just bundled up. The balcony didn't see much use although I went out there to take pictures and loved the scenery through the large balconey window.:)

• 8 months later...

Just back from a great cruise to Bermuda. As a point of clarification, although the diagrams of the deck plans show this room as being much larger than its neighboring cabins, they don't show that there is a staff closet in the hallway that significantly cuts into this cabin's potential (diagrammed) floor space.

As mentioned above, the bed headboard wall barely accommodates the bed and 2 minute endtables (roughly 10" square), while barely allowing for the adjacent bathroom door to open. Once in the bathroom, both the toilet door and the shower door had significant jamming issues. This room has a good amount of carpet showing, but is not planned well for storage, etc. The entrance area is relatively empty and could be better utilized with some additional closet or shelving units. The sofa opens to a relatively uncomfortable twin bed. The "action areas" of the cabin (bathroom, bed, closet) are clustered in one area, making the layout rather impractical...especially when the sofa is pulled out causing the coffee table and club chair to be forced to the foot of the bed. I actually thought of putting some of the furniture out on the balcony to keep the traffic areas clear. The entrance door to this room is located adjacent to the door from the hallway to the kids' pool area....likely convenient if you have small kids, but otherwise a noisy nuisance to adult guests. The balcony is truly double the length of all neighboring balconies, but we NEVER sat in any of the chairs. There is a lounger, but in can't be pivoted in the direction you'd want to face (the sun). There is a substantial amount of noise from the outdoor cafe area above, but only between the hours of 6AM and 10PM. I think a more mid-ship balcony cabin would be better for convenience and noise insulation.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Cabin 10686 is much larger than any other balcony cabin on the ship. The balcony is exactly twice as long as the regular balconies. Only the suites have a larger balcony. It has easy access to the aft hot tub...ten steps and you're there. There is so much space in this cabin...there are two chairs and a lounger on the balcony. Book it if you get a chance...there are no negatives about this cabin.

Archived