78 Days Away and Guarantee Room Assigned

auducky2

So is this a good sign or a bad sign? Just wondering because I've heard/read that most aren't assigned until really, really close to the cruise. I checked to make sure our trip insurance was added and saw that our room was assigned already. :confused:

So is this a good sign or a bad sign? Just wondering because I've heard/read that most aren't assigned until really, really close to the cruise. I checked to make sure our trip insurance was added and saw that our room was assigned already. :confused:

Had you already paid in full?

It could still be changed ...again.... all the way up until you check in.

I thought once it's assigned, that's it. That's why some people get upset if they don't fully understand what a guaranteed is and then their room is assigned. :confused: Eh, oh well. I checked the location, deck 8 on the Jade, towards the aft. Fine by us, we thought we'd be on deck 4 lol.

We do GTY all of the time. We've had cabins assigned, immediately upon booking, later and not until we physically checked in. Not sure the reasons why the difference but it never concerned me one way or another.

I've never had them change it either but I'm sure there are cases when they may (just like selected room have also).

I'm not sure why you would consider this either a good or bad sign.

I've never did the guarantee thing...I like to pick out where I want to be and reserve it..that way if it's not all that great a room or location, it's nobody's fault but my own....but so far I have been satisfied with each room I've picked....

I've never did the guarantee thing...I like to pick out where I want to be and reserve it..that way if it's not all that great a room or location, it's nobody's fault but my own....but so far I have been satisfied with each room I've picked....

We booked an inside room, so it really didn't matter to us. That, coupled with the fact that we saved $500 doing a GTY, we'll be fine wherever! I was just surprised we got our assignment so quickly.

Last month on the Dawn, I followed the advice on CC and found my cabin number on the computer. I printed out the edocs, and luggage tags.

At the checkin counter in N.Y., they told us we had a different cabin assignment. When we arrived in the cabin, we told a head room steward that our luggage was tagged to go to the original cabin. He was kind enough to go to that cabin to get our luggage.

So........your cabin can be switched up to the time you arrive at the pier.

We ended up with an upgrade from a BB to a BA. We would have been happier with a stall shower instead of the bathtub, but the cabin was fine. We have no idea why the cabin was switched.

Last month on the Dawn, I followed the advice on CC and found my cabin number on the computer. I printed out the edocs, and luggage tags.

At the checkin counter in N.Y., they told us we had a different cabin assignment. When we arrived in the cabin, we told a head room steward that our luggage was tagged to go to the original cabin. He was kind enough to go to that cabin to get our luggage.

So........your cabin can be switched up to the time you arrive at the pier.

We ended up with an upgrade from a BB to a BA. We would have been happier with a stall shower instead of the bathtub, but the cabin was fine. We have no idea why the cabin was switched.

Are you sure you ended up with a BA? Or was it a AF minisuite on deck 11? I don't know of any BA's that have a bathtub.

One time we chanced it and booked a balcony guarantee. I checked the deck plans and every balcony in that category and above I would be happy with. We were assigned a cabin pretty soon and then towards the sail date we were assigned another one. We were very pleased, the balcony we ended up with was two categories above what we had paid for.

Nope. Final payment is due Monday.

I didn't ask and wasn't told when final payment was from my online TA, but I thought it was about 60 days out. You are 78 or so days from yoru cruise and final payment is Monday?

I didn't ask and wasn't told when final payment was from my online TA, but I thought it was about 60 days out. You are 78 or so days from yoru cruise and final payment is Monday?

Mine is due 75 days out and it is stipulated on the printout I received from my online TA.

I did not like the placement of my GTY cabin so i called my TA and asked if it could be changed. we are on the NCL as well. My TA called and they got me a different cabin, more mid ship. Not a problem; we are about 60 days out from our trip. we are also Lattitudes members and maybe that helped, but ask, it does not cost you anything!

We also got our gty room assignment wayyyy out... we don't sail until November and we rec'd our assignment end of April. Final payment isn't due until this Aug, so it may change yet, but I doubt it... I think our cruise is pretty much sold out now.

Archived