Booking for skip the line tickets

Is anyone can tell me how to book for "skip the line" tickets to Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel, Colloseum without paying all those extra online fee & pre-booked fee...Thanks in advance for the info.

Is anyone can tell me how to book for "skip the line" tickets to Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel, Colloseum without paying all those extra online fee & pre-booked fee...Thanks in advance for the info.

For 18 Euro, 4 more than waiting in line for admittance, you can go 60 days in advance to your day and book a time at the Vatican Museum website. Just google it. You print off your admission voucher. I paid with a Visa card. No problem.

We did this for our visit on May 25. It was a Monday, and also the day our cruise started, so I wanted to get the first time. We got a 9 AM admittance. We got to the museum about 8:30. There were already hundreds of people in line. We walked right up to the the officials at the admittance area, handed them our print out. In we went. They were not even letting in the general admission people yet. Believe me, it was worth the 4 extra Euro. There were some of the areas of the museum that we were in by ourselves, and we avoided waiting for God knows how long in the heat. Even the Sistine Chapel didn't seem that crowded. We left the Chapel in the back on the right side and then could enter St. Peter's without waiting in line there. This tidbit we got from the Rick Steve's "Rome" guide book.

This was one of the smartest things we did on our trip. I highly recommend that first slot in the morning. We would have never waited in line if we didn't have the pre-scheduled tickets.

I don't know about the Colosseum.

The extra couple euro is well worth it based on what I've heard the lines are like to get in. I think once you see people waiting for an hour or even more and you get to go right in you will feel that it was well worth the investment.

If you buy the Roma Pass, you skip the line at the Coloseum also. The pass is 23 E each, gives you entry to 2 sights, such as Coloseum, and Borghesi Museum ( many others), and reduced entry to other sights, and HOHO bus. Also, includes a 3 day pass on all subways and buses. Well worth the cost, and skip the line at places. :)

Are the lines bad all year or is it only a high season phenomena? We will be in Rome on November 23 & 24. Will the lines be as bad then?

I was in Rome around the same time (late November) last year. About the only place you will see lines at that time is at the Vatican Museum -- and in general they are much shorter than in peak season. I walked right in at around 9:30 am on a weekday. But if you are unlucky enough to arrive along with several busloads of cruise passengers, you may still have a wait.

There may also be a (short) line at the Colosseum ticket gate. I always get my ticket at the Palatine Hill entrance (straight through the Arch of Titus and down the street, a block or two on the right-hand side).

If you buy the Roma Pass, you skip the line at the Coloseum also. The pass is 23 E each, gives you entry to 2 sights, such as Coloseum, and Borghesi Museum ( many others), and reduced entry to other sights, and HOHO bus. Also, includes a 3 day pass on all subways and buses. Well worth the cost, and skip the line at places. :)

Be aware, though, that the Roma Pass is not good for the Vatican museum (as the Vatican is its own state...).

I'm not sure the RP is a great deal for those only visiting Rome for a day -- think you'd have to get to 3 museums to get your money's worth and if you get the BIRG, you have free transportation for the day anyway. But I'd definitely recommend it for anyone staying in Rome either before or after their cruise.

Be aware, though, that the Roma Pass is not good for the Vatican museum (as the Vatican is its own state...).

I'm not sure the RP is a great deal for those only visiting Rome for a day -- think you'd have to get to 3 museums to get your money's worth and if you get the BIRG, you have free transportation for the day anyway. But I'd definitely recommend it for anyone staying in Rome either before or after their cruise.

If you notice, I didn't list the Vatican as one of the places that the Roma Pass is good at !

• 2 weeks later...

We have Scavi tickets on order and we did receive an email of date and time. I'm waiting for the tickets, I sent credit card info.

After the Scavi tour, do we need to start over with new tickets in order to get into the museums, Sistine chapel, etc? I read FAQ and it does not address this question. Thanks

The Scavi tour is completely separate from the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel entrances. You will need additional tickets to get into these. We had tickets last visit to the museum and the Sistine Chapel combined. It seemed like a long walk to get to the Sistine Chapel from the museum, but interesing things along the way, such a a copy of The Thinker by Rodin. The Scavi entrance is on the opposite side of St. Peters from the museum and chapel. You should enjoy the Scavi tour. We did it two years ago. It is a bit dark trough most of the tour. The Clememtine Chapel is very interesting and is located below the papal altar (look up from the chapel for the air vents that in the floor around the papal altar). The bypass the line tickets for the Sistine Chapel and Museum are well worth it in the summer.

'Miner

Archived