Lost and Found (I hope)

lmt1022

My question... Do I have any hope of finding my left behind items from my cruise last week or should I just start trying to replace the items?

I sailed the Zaandam June 5 - June 12 and left 4 nice jackets in the hall closet (I was in a suite).

I have stayed in hotels almost every week for the past 9 years and have never left a thing because my routine is to set my luggage next to the door and then go through every drawer and closet to make sure I didn't leave anything. However, on the day of departure from the cruise, I felt totally rushed out of the room by HAL staff. (I give a detailed account of what happened in my cruise review.)

Yes, I know it is my own fault for not checking, and I can only blame myself.

Anyway, I did call and file a search request, but I am just wondering what the odds are of getting them returned?

Anyone have any luck getting items returned??

What is the process? Do the cleaning personnel usually go through the closets before the next passengers arrive? If so, what do they do with the articles of clothing? Do you think most staff follow the proper steps and return to lost and found?

I am trying to think positive and hoping they will be returned...

Lynda

I've heard both good and bad stories here about people getting things back, and I know from personal experience that the stewards don't always find and turn in everything left behind.

My guess is that you've got a pretty good chance of getting the jackets back - particularly if you wear a very large or small size!! :D It doesn't look from your pic that you do, though. :)

My question... Do I have any hope of finding my left behind items from my cruise last week or should I just start trying to replace the items?

I sailed the Zaandam June 5 - June 12 and left 4 nice jackets in the hall closet (I was in a suite).

I have stayed in hotels almost every week for the past 9 years and have never left a thing because my routine is to set my luggage next to the door and then go through every drawer and closet to make sure I didn't leave anything. However, on the day of departure from the cruise, I felt totally rushed out of the room by HAL staff. (I give a detailed account of what happened in my cruise review.)

Yes, I know it is my own fault for not checking, and I can only blame myself.

Anyway, I did call and file a search request, but I am just wondering what the odds are of getting them returned?

Anyone have any luck getting items returned??

What is the process? Do the cleaning personnel usually go through the closets before the next passengers arrive? If so, what do they do with the articles of clothing? Do you think most staff follow the proper steps and return to lost and found?

I am trying to think positive and hoping they will be returned...

Lynda

Hi Lynda,

I replied to your request on the thread that everyone asks me question on.

Yes, I have had things returned that were left in the suite. And they were returned promptly. Just call and give a detailed description of what was missing, and then follow up.

Archived