Disembarkment on Pride of America

Travelover

I know there is a thread on this, albeit a few years ago-not same situation. My question is this: we are having a limo pick us up at 10 a.m. at/near ship. Can we stay onboard with our luggage till then? I think that breakfast is served that morning...but till what time? Is there a time where everyone has to be off ship?

Thank you for the info...

does that mean that they will come the morning of the disembarkation??? I thought you must put your baggage out the night before...

...so, if we want to leave the ship by 9:30, when would we have to notify the staff to come for our bags?

does that mean that they will come the morning of the disembarkation??? I thought you must put your baggage out the night before...

...so, if we want to leave the ship by 9:30, when would we have to notify the staff to come for our bags?

I believe you can take your bags yourself and leave anytime they are disembarking.

If you choose to do so, they will take your bags down for you and you can pick them up in a holding area after you've disembarked from the ship. If you do this, leave your baggage outside your door by midnight the night before. But I believe you can take your bags yourself and leave anytime they are disembarking.

I am guessing what ohioNCLcruiser is saying is that you should exit the ship by 9:45 regardless of if they picked up your baggage or not.

-AndyInAtl

If you want NCL to carry your luggage off of the ship for you a few days before the cruise ends you can pick up colored luggage tags by the front desk. Different colors for different disembarkment times. Leave the luggage in the hallway by your cabin door by midnight on your last night. They take the luggage and separate it in the pier terminal by color. When you get off, look for your color and your luggage. Last time to get off is 9:30.

If you want to carry your own luggage off you can walk off with it anytime before 9:45.

My suggestion is to let NCL carry it off for you. Keep your clothes for the next day, toiletries, meds, etc. with you. You can always open your bag in the terminal and put the stuff in.

Oh yes, I always lock mine and then take the lock off when I get to the airport.

kb...As we have cruised many times, I do know about the colored tags, etc. and leaving our luggage the night before. What I was questioning was if we wanted to leave the ship later than when our colors were called...since we are having a limo pick us up at the ship at 10. I think we will have them hold it for us...just in case someone picks it up by mistake...we have seen that happen!!

kb...As we have cruised many times, I do know about the colored tags, etc. and leaving our luggage the night before. What I was questioning was if we wanted to leave the ship later than when our colors were called...since we are having a limo pick us up at the ship at 10. I think we will have them hold it for us...just in case someone picks it up by mistake...we have seen that happen!!

Maybe just pick up the color of tags that are the last to leave? I am not sure what time that is since we did a NCL tour after disembarking. I must say NCL did a great job keeping all our luggage together, even though they put one piece in our group that was not ours only because it had a bright orange ribbon on it very similar to the one we used to mark our luggage. They pretty much had the luggage seperated by cabins, no looking for it in a hundred other black bags.

Not sure there is a place other than the terminal where they will "hold" your luggage for you. If you put it out by midnight it will go into the hold while at seat then be placed in the terminal by color. It will be waiting for you when the ship docks. After the ship has cleared they allow passengers to disembark. It takes a while for this luggage to be offloaded. Hence, those who want to leave early may do so by carrying their own luggage and not putting it out the night before. If you are one of the last ones off the ship it ought to be very easy to find your luggage! The only people who could possibly mistakenly take your luggage would be those who also picked the 9:30 disembarkation time.

Also remember that it is a considerable walk thru and off the ship to the terminal, and then you have to go thru customs/immigration. So you're not going to have to wait for your limo. He'll be there! And you will have hopefully avoided the rush.

Did they keep your luggage for you during your tour or did you have to take it with you? I would like to see Pearl Harbor before our flight.

quote=SANDYJABS;20106836]Maybe just pick up the color of tags that are the last to leave? I am not sure what time that is since we did a NCL tour after disembarking. I must say NCL did a great job keeping all our luggage together, even though they put one piece in our group that was not ours only because it had a bright orange ribbon on it very similar to the one we used to mark our luggage. They pretty much had the luggage seperated by cabins, no looking for it in a hundred other black bags.

Did they keep your luggage for you during your tour or did you have to take it with you? I would like to see Pearl Harbor before our flight.

quote=SANDYJABS;20106836]Maybe just pick up the color of tags that are the last to leave? I am not sure what time that is since we did a NCL tour after disembarking. I must say NCL did a great job keeping all our luggage together, even though they put one piece in our group that was not ours only because it had a bright orange ribbon on it very similar to the one we used to mark our luggage. They pretty much had the luggage seperated by cabins, no looking for it in a hundred other black bags.

They hold it for you and deliver you and your luggage curbside to the airport.

My luggage tags this time were the first called, but we didn't leave the ship until after 9:15 and our bags were fine. It was also easier to find them in the stack since there weren't as many left in that color code.

NCL also offers (for around $25) to have your luggage delivered directly to the airport for you and check it in for you as well. I did this last September and it worked great for us. No need to drag it around as we toured the area. Was well worth the fee to us (altho it was only $20 then)!

We are planning on going to Pearl Harbor on our own after the cruise and before our 4:20pm flight home. I read there is luggage storage at the Bowfin Museum, but I can't confirm this on their website. We don't want to rent a car for just a few hours, plus wanting to get in line for tickets as early as possible. It seems like our choices are to store luggage at the pier, take a cab to Pearl Harbor and then back to get our luggage and on to the airport - or take cab and store luggage at Bowfin Museaum. Does anyone know the current price for luggage storage, and is it per bag? Is the storage at the Bowfin Museum just for small items?

You can't store your luggage at the Bowfin. Their "bag storage" is for backpacks, purses, diaper bags, etc. that you can't take when you go to the Arizona! I think the charge is $3/bag, but you might want to check the website or call.

Luggage storage will only be at the NCL pier.

Sounds to me like maybe you should take a tour to Pearl Harbor (then your luggage will be on the bus with you) which ultimately takes you to the airport.

Archived