Drink Choices-Same for all lines?

Sweetressie

For those of you who have cruised several different lines---are there variations in the brands and types of alchohol served? I have only cruised Celebrity and RCI (soon to sail Azamara) and have yet to find a ship that carries Irish Mist; an Irish whiskey liquer. Other posters have noticed the absence of their own favorites.

Has anyone been able to persuade management to add certain products to their fleet or to a ship or for a sailing? I once asked RCI if they would carry Irish Mist on a TA. They responded negatively. I went so far as to propose that I would supply the ship with 4 bottles of Irish Mist and then buy it back - one drink at a time. (All profit for the company)

Their reply to that suggestion was also negative.

I can guess that most cruise lines have contractual relations with major liquor distributors which may prevent any significant deviation in what is carried on ship. However, anysuch relationship with suppliers should allow the cruise line to satisfy customers with legitimate requests.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I don't want to try to smuggle it onboard.

Thanks for listening!

I assume that each line makes it own liquor choices based on the itinerary and the expected passenger demographics. I doubt that an occasional cruiser (ie most of us) will have much luck getting a line to carry another brand.

For those of you who have cruised several different lines---are there variations in the brands and types of alchohol served? I have only cruised Celebrity and RCI (soon to sail Azamara) and have yet to find a ship that carries Irish Mist; an Irish whiskey liquer. Other posters have noticed the absence of their own favorites.

Has anyone been able to persuade management to add certain products to their fleet or to a ship or for a sailing? I once asked RCI if they would carry Irish Mist on a TA. They responded negatively. I went so far as to propose that I would supply the ship with 4 bottles of Irish Mist and then buy it back - one drink at a time. (All profit for the company)

Their reply to that suggestion was also negative.

I can guess that most cruise lines have contractual relations with major liquor distributors which may prevent any significant deviation in what is carried on ship. However, anysuch relationship with suppliers should allow the cruise line to satisfy customers with legitimate requests.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I don't want to try to smuggle it onboard.

Thanks for listening!

You are going from a mainstream cruiseline to a premium one. The choices are bound to be different (and better)!

Archived