Mexican food on Carnival? Soft drink questions too.

TexasMommy

Actually juice is not free all day from the self-serve machines, they change the OJ and guava-passionfruit juices out to lemonade and iced tea after breakfast. But you can order some juices from room service 24 hours a day.

There is always something to drink at the self serve machines that are always free.

Between the self serve machines & room service you'll have soft drinks to drink around the clock! ;)

The funny thing is that the OP was asking about Mexican food, not Tex-Mex food. Not half Texas-half Mexican food, real Mexican food.

But that is what most people think of when they say Mexican Food. And the restaurants down here aren't generally labled as Tex-Mex but Mexican. And I know it's not the same but that what we usually call Mexican is Tex-Mex.

I usually order several OJ's in the morning from Room Service along with my coffee and bagels, just so I can have them, in case some smuggled alcohol finds it's way to my room! :eek:

LOL!!! I am cruisin' with you & have to say... I already like you!! :D

Lauren

OP is from Texas so probably used to Tex-Mex. I'm from Arizona and used to real Mexican food. I agree with previous poster that said Taco Bell is better than CCL buffet mexican. It was offered at 11pm one night so I set my alarm to get some. Disgusting is the best word for it. Salmon enchiladas - yuk!

I love CCL dining room food but their buffet could be improved. I like their asian food - usually.

If you want Mexican food that tastes anything like real mexican food, skip the mexican buffet, it's horrible. I didn't expect authentic standards but I expected it to at least have some resembling taste to mexican food if that is what they are going to call it. I would prerred taco bell to the crap they had in that buffet. Can't believe I stayed up for it LOL

Mexican food is relative to where you are from and what you like. I think Tex-Mex is just so-so (lived there), Albuquerque is one step up (I like it hot!) and I don't even like "Mexico City" Mexican food.

I prefer the Sonoran Mexican food from Arizona (live here) and California. So you like what you like but that doesn't make the other bad--just not your style.

Can I get a list of some things that are actually on this buffet? I agree with the eww regarding the salmon enchillada's but can taco's really be ruined?

The tacos were edible but they really didn't have any flavor at all, they were just blah. I didn't pay attention to most but I remember seeing:

Chips-homemade from tortillas and regular tortilla chips (didn't like the homemade)

Salsa/Picante

Nacho Cheese

Pico

Fish Tacos

Regular Tacos

Sour Cream etc

Some kind of octopus enchilada stuff

and many other things I've never seen or heard of before LOL I tried several things and didn't find anything worth eating. We'll skip it next time but it was fun to check out once.

but I DO love the black bean enchiladas on the dinner menu. It's actually my favorite entree of the entire cruise!

REALLY! All right now, they must be good coming from someone in Louisiana! Love all that spice! I have to try those, thanks for the tip.

Tim

Mexican food is relative to where you are from and what you like. I think Tex-Mex is just so-so (lived there), Albuquerque is one step up (I like it hot!) and I don't even like "Mexico City" Mexican food.

I prefer the Sonoran Mexican food from Arizona (live here) and California. So you like what you like but that doesn't make the other bad--just not your style.

Nicely put and I agree. Just like many foods, the taste is really geographically driven.

As for the mexican buffett, I like to partake, new and old thimgs.

Cheers all. . .

Archived