Laptop or Netbook hookup to TV on the Star?

deadzone1003

We will be sailing aboard the Star Princess from SF to Sydney in less than 90 days. With so many sea days I like to hookup a netbook or laptop to the flat panel tv's in order to play a movie or just listen to some mp3's. We will be in a oceanview so the question is what type of tv/monitor did they install in these cabins since the last drydock of the Star Princess this last spring? What type of video inputs do they have? (vga? s-video? dvi? standard video inputs?) What type of audio inputs do they have other than standard L/R RCA inputs? Is there a headphone output?

We are taking a thirty day cruise in January on the Star. I had not thought too much about this and an anxious to hear if you can. It would certainly give us a better choice of movies and the like. Hope that someone out there has the answer.

Yes, I also hook my iPod Classic up to the TV when we travel as I have heaps of TV and movies in MP3 format on it!

We are on the Emerald in September, so I've already inquired about this.

I believe the TVs on the Star are now the same.

Please see post #4 at the following link, which has photos not only of the TV itself, but of all the many input options at the back.

From the look of it, it will have anything and everything that you need.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1013117&highlight=flat

I Think they are standard audio/video inputs

Ah, no, there are way more than just the standard inputs.

But I've just looked at the photos in the link that I noted, and there is another link somewhere that I will try to find, to a photo which shows the additional types of links.

The links shown in that set of photos are only white and red... there's no yellow for video!

However, if you look at the 4th photo in the link (http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/42644/2514235440103243266S600x600Q85.jpg) you will see a cable heading up into a covered panel to the right of the video inputs/outputs shown in that photo.

Inside that panel is a set of about 8 or 10 other types of inputs/outputs.

I'll try to find the other link and post it.

You wouldn't be able to get your video working from the inputs/outputs shown in that photo, but if you can't find it in the ones behind that panel, then it probably doesn't exist!

I have been going through the threads and I haven't found any info on the Star Princess (in regards to their tv's). Since the old tv's were replaced this last spring and the older threads were talking about the Viewsonic N2011 aboard the Emerald or Crown Princess, I find it hard to believe that they install a model that was discontinued 2 years earlier unless Carnival bought them a long time ago and had them warehoused. The Viewsonic N2011 has

s-video and composite inputs, but no vga inputs. They also have headphone jacks, but if they are oem's, they could be N2011's without headphone jacks.

Everything has to be checked out.

May have to bring a very old laptoop, lol.

I have been going through the threads and I haven't found any info on the Star Princess (in regards to their tv's). Since the old tv's were replaced this last spring and the older threads were talking about the Viewsonic N2011 aboard the Emerald or Crown Princess, I find it hard to believe that they install a model that was discontinued 2 years earlier unless Carnival bought them a long time ago and had them warehoused. The Viewsonic N2011 has

s-video and composite inputs, but no vga inputs. They also have headphone jacks, but if they are oem's, they could be N2011's without headphone jacks.

Everything has to be checked out.

May have to bring a very old laptoop, lol.

I don't know what model ViewSonic it was on the Emerald, but it definitely had VGA inputs, S-video, R/G/B, coax, and a couple others. I wish I could find that photo!

Archived