Hanger help??

jpcruiseguy

As has been stated, there are plenty of hangers but for the last few cruises I have come up with a better solution for myself. I take everything out of the closet on the hangers, sashshay them into the suitcase and when it comes time to unpack on the ship it only takes a few minutes. Out of the suitcase and right into the closet. The same with repacking. I've got it down to 5 minutes flat. :D

Thanks for the info....we figured there were hangers, but....ya never know! Wish I could go from closet to closet, but I'm just not that organized or neat!! LOL. Happy Holidays to all....while..."WE BE CRUISIN"!!!!!! Sorry, but we're sooo excited to finally be going!

JPC, I'm not organized but I am neat and lazy. That's the beauty of my packing. While I transfer my outfits into the suitcase, my husband is in another bedroom packing everything into plastic baggies as if the underwear and socks are going to wrinkle. I pack, do my hair, take care of the pet needs, organize all the vitamins, water the plants, check the house so the petsitter doesn't think we are deviants and my husband is still busy packing when I go to bed. :D

I'm also lying on the bed enjoying being on the ship while he is still unpacking. :D

Brigitte, and how do you "sashshay" them? Are they in plastic bags, and you just lay them in the suitcase? Or do you just "lay" them and snug other things around. I really would love to have your system! I might have to come to see you and watch how you do that!:D I'll find any excuse to come "home".;) :D

Garry

Garry, Please come to watch me pack anytime. :D Sashaying, you just wave the outfit side to side into the suitcase. Better yet if they are in the drycleaning bag but some outfits worn only once don't go to the drycleaners. I pack the underwear, socks, tees, shorts, on the bottom and then just layer the good things on top. I also use Downey Wrinkle Release just in case. :) I know that I'm the cheap traveler but it works for me. :rolleyes:

Clothes packed on hangers is the only way to travel.

For many years in my career, I was a "road warrior" spending a week or two at a time on plant startups in various parts of the country. My favorite piece of luggage was a soft Samsonite garment bag. It was a light-weight, reddish brown nylon type material with very little shape or internal padding. It could hold enough clothes for a two week stay. All of my suits, trousers, shirts and sweaters were packed on hangers. Underwear in one zipup compartment, socks and other stuff in a second zip pocket. Shoes and shave kit in the bottom under the clothes on hangers. Pack and unpack in less than five minutes as Brigette said earlier.

My old garment bag was light enough where I could carry it on the airplane if required. You could unsnap it and hang it in the closet. If I checked it, there was no chance anyone would walk off with it. An ugly color, lots of scuff marks....who would want to steal it????

Now, I have a new Samsonite garment bag, black of course. It holds about 1/2 of what the old one could hold. I can barely pick it up when packed. It takes two people to get it zipped up when filled with clothing. It looks exactly like every other garment bag going around on the carousel.

Why do we always take a step backwards when something is new and improved? :confused:

Les

We go to the Dollar store and by thin, lightweight hangars (I think 12 for $1). It does require moving your clothes onto the new hangars but they don't weigh much and when you repack to return home if the item is dirty I just leave the hangar behind and am not out much money.

And, I agree, from suitcase to closet is a breeze.

Archived