Onboard credit

SueCTlady

We'll be on NCL Spirit 7/24/09 and this is our first cruise. Can someone tell me how the onboard credit works. Do they put a charge through for a certain amount and then credit it back if not used. Thanks for any info..Sue

We'll be on NCL Spirit 7/24/09 and this is our first cruise. Can someone tell me how the onboard credit works. Do they put a charge through for a certain amount and then credit it back if not used. Thanks for any info..Sue

You OBC will be on your portfolio as a credit and charges made while onboard i.e. shore tours, alternative dining, purchases made in the shops onboard, gratuities, etc... will be paid for with that OBC until it runs out.

I think we're talking about 2 different things.

On Board Credit (OBC) is a payment made to your ship account by someone else, usually the cruise line or a travel agency.

I think the OP used the term onboard credit referring to the shipboard payment system.

If that is the case, all of your purchases are accumulated in a folio just like staying at a hotel. At the end of the cruise your credit card is used for payment of the charges. If you have an actual OBC it will be applied before the charges are sent to your credit card company.

Charlie

If you are tolking about your on board account, this is where any purchases made on the ship go. The balance is charged to your credit card at the end of the cruise.

If you have any onboard credits, these would reduce the amount of your balance in your on board account and thus reduce the charge at the end.

Hello,

The On Board Credit works like this.

On the ship you have a card that looks ike a credit card. This card has many uses. It is used to get you on and off the ship (security), it is your room key, and you use it to charge your on board purchases such as a t - shirt or a drink.

Let's say that the On board Credit is $100. At the end of your cruise you will get a statement showing you all of your on board purchases. And on this statement you will see that $100 has been deducted from the amount you owe.

We have had several On Board Credits and it is very nice to see that your overall cruise expense has been reduced. Advice...watch your spending carefully.

You can check when the onboard credit is applied on the televsion in your room. On Royal Caribbean there is a channel that you go to where you can review your sea pass and keep track of the charges. Your onboard credit will show up there when it is applied. I had $50.00 and I saw it show up the second day.

Archived