Which to choose???

JJMM

I'm trying to decide if we should book a Park and Cruise Package with either Courtyard New Orleans Convention Center since they are close by and perhaps my husband can drop me and the kids off at the terminal, park back at the hotel and then walk back to the terminal or Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome who has a shuttle to the terminal but no shuttle back and it is further away.

Any thoughts, ideas would be greatly appreciated!! :) It seems Courtard has better reviews than Holiday Inn and it is less expensive...

Thanks!

The Holiday Inn is on the western edge of the CBD. Not a great neighborhood, and a long walk to just about anywhere.

The Courtyard is within safe walking distance of the French Quatrer, and there are some very good restaurants close by.

:) It seems Courtard has better reviews than Holiday Inn and it is less expensive...

I'd choose the Courtyard hand's down. Location is much better, your husband could easily walk there after dropping you off and taking the car back to park. HI at the Superdome is pretty far from anything except the dome - and isn't that nice.

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it. We have decided to book the Courtyard cruise package. Now to let hubby know he will be the one to walk to the terminal after dropping us off.. ;)

Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it. We have decided to book the Courtyard cruise package. Now to let hubby know he will be the one to walk to the terminal after dropping us off.. ;)

actually the drive to drop you off will probably take more time than the walk.

Would it be possible to walk with our luggage? One of the reviews mentioned something about stairs and this being difficult? Would you happen to know if it is safe to leave a car parked at the Courtyard? I hadn't thought of this before..

Thanks!!

Would it be possible to walk with our luggage? One of the reviews mentioned something about stairs and this being difficult? Would you happen to know if it is safe to leave a car parked at the Courtyard? I hadn't thought of this before..

You can walk - it's not a bad walk but part of it is along a road with traffic and no sidewalk (right by the port). I wouldn't do it if I were schlepping a lot of luggage or had small children, but otherwise would do it. No stairs involved and there are sidewalks most of the way, just not for about 50 feet right at the end.

Leaving your car at the courtyard would be as safe as at any hotel parking garage - not saying nothing's gonna happen, but chances are low.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - I called the Courtyard and when I asked about the Park and Cruise Special they transferred me to the Nationwide Reservation center which didn't have a clue. Called back and before I could stop them the hotel transferred me again to Nationwide reservations. I told the agent that I know the special exists. She found it under Pre / Post Cruise Package. 8 nights parking included in the price.

The hotel normally charges $15 for parking the night of your stay. When they quoted me the rate it was the standard rate + $15. So basically they will let you park up an extra 7 days for free.

Archived