Cheapest Seattle Transfer to Ship

Teachkg816

If you have truly minimal luggage (say, a roll-aboard and small backpack like you could carry on the plane, as for the one-night cruises) it's actually possible to take the public bus for $1.75. Exit the terminal at baggage claim Zero, catch a 194X downtown and connect to a #24. It will drop you on the bridge a block from the terminal. Info at transit.metrokc.gov - use "Sea-Tac Airport" and "Pier 91" as your start and end points. Select "minimal walking" for the route that will put you right at Pier 91 and not a third of a mile away on Elliott.

If you're traveling a bit heavier, for two, Shuttle Express, a towncar or a cab are all going to run around $40-50.

Princess has a shuttle from airport to pier, 24 dollar pp. You don't have to deal with your luggage after boarding the shuttle.

Unless you have an overload of luggage, a taxi for two would be a little cheaper than the Princess shuttle and would be quicker. It's about a $45 taxi fare to the pier. For three you would save even more compared to the Princess transfers.

Princess has a shuttle from airport to pier, 24 dollar pp. You don't have to deal with your luggage after boarding the shuttle.

I like the idea of them having to handle the luggage. Makes it easier on us so its worth the few dollars more.:)

There are quite a few towncar companies in Seattle. Standard rate for pier to airport is $45 or $50 depending on the company and they help you with luggage and drop you right at the airline instead of the bottom floor.

Note that the Princess transfers back to SEA drop you at a specialized check-in facility at the far end of the airport from airlines like American and Southwest. It's very convenient to United, not awful to Alaska. If you have an early flight, you might think twice about schlepping to the other end of the airport. Conversely, if you're flying in on United or Alaska, I assume the cruise transfer boards adjacent to Baggage Claim 0, aka, the other end of the airport.

We used A Plus Towncar for all our "back and forths" in Seattle.. it was $50 (same as a taxi give or take $5) from pier to airport or vice versa and it was just us.. no luggage hassle, dropped us off right near luggage drop off at the Pier... I think Shuttle Express takes vans from airport to pier but not sure what schedules or rate are

Is there any way to rent a car from Pier 91 and drop it off at the airport? We will be a party of 4 and would like to stop and see the Museum of Flight near the airport. We have plenty of time, but would like to have a car to leave luggage in.

If you have manageable luggage (and not a lot).....

Beginning July 18 there will be light rail at $2.50per person it will really be a bargain (about 25 miles)....it will start about 2 miles from SEATAC International Airport (but there will be a shuttle to the closest light rail station)

http://soundtransit.org/Riding-Sound-Transit/Schedules-and-Facilities/Central-Link-Light-Rail---coming-soon.xml

It will NOT take you near Pier 91 but into downtown area (Westlake stop).....(pier 91 is north of downtown Seattle)....from there you could get a cab for $10-15...which will cost a less that riding a cab the entire trip, if you don't mind multiple modes of transportation.

A few weeks ago we used Shuttle Express. It was $27 total for 2 people to go from the pier to the airport. We also used them from the airport to Pier 91. At pier 91, they have a booth set up in the terminal right after going through customs. Just go to the booth to check in and they will call your name when it's time to get on the van. It's best if you have a reservation because they were turning people away that didn't have them going back to the airport.

Does anyone know a cheap way to get to Pier 91 from Seattle Airport? We have two people in our party.

Thanks so much.

We used Shuttle Express from Pier 91 to SEA and the cost was $32 per couple. We had reservations so we did not have to wait for an open seat and got on as soon as they had 10 people to fill the van.

I made online reservations with Shuttle Express. It was easy to do and I already typed in my credit card info, so it's hopefully reserved. Now I didn't get there yet but I will on July 4th, and I hope that they are waiting on me at the airport to take me to my hotel, which I understand is only about a mile or two from Pier 91. It cost me and my fiance about $37 (plus tip). I believe that they wait for people to fill a shuttle van if they are near, but reservations come before walk-ons, they say. They also said that there is a $10 discount for round-trips. I didn't book anything for the way off of the pier yet, but I better get on that soon!

Shuttle Express sounds pretty easy, let's hope it works out that way :).

Archived