Dawn Princess World Cruise

Just a further thought on Christmas Island.

We had it once in a cruise Trivia.

The question was...

Which Ocean is Christmas Island in?

When they gave out the answer it almost developed into a riot,

as it turns out they there about 6 Christmas Islands around the world.

They had to wipe that question in the end.

Hi RiffRaff,

You are probably thinking of the Australian Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean. The one they visited is the one in Kirabati, half way between Tahiti and Hawaii.

Ah yes of course, thanks David, I forgot about there being more than one Christmas Island.. there ought to be a rule about that sort of thing to avoid confusion! :) I was thinking about the Australian one.

If you could visit all the islands in one day would that mean all your Christmases had come at once? :D

Hate to be a party pooper but the are NEARLY HOME..... hasn't it gone fast sure they all had a fantastic time...........thanks David for keeping us so well informed with their position have enjoyed the virtual cruise.....not long till our real one......lol...........cheers Shiona

I'd be standing by with the counsellors I think there will be a lot of "cruise withdrawal" going on!

Symptoms include spending hours on the web trawling cruise travel agents, refusing to unpack, spending much too much time on cruise critic, walking around the house wearing a lei.:eek:

Cant wait to try a world cruise for myself, come on lotto.

Hi All - here's a link to the princess site - they have been running a photo competition. Sadly some of the photos entered are of Samoa.....and may not look quite the same now. Here's the link http://www.princess.com/promotion/Sea_the_World.html

Many thanks for the link, great photos.

they must be getting close into phuket as you see lights on the boats infront

while looking take a look at the sun princess web cam ... opened it up thinking i was going to see ocean but instead it is another ship!!

they must be getting close into phuket as you see lights on the boats infront

while looking take a look at the sun princess web cam ... opened it up thinking i was going to see ocean but instead it is another ship!!

after doing some investigating bridge camming .... it is the pacific princess LOL

Yes Sun Princess and Pacific Princess

are both in Hilo today.

Suns cam is looking at Pacific.

1pacifichilo.jpg

1sunhilo.jpg

Looks like Dawn may even be at the wharf.

If so the Captain has got them in nice and early.

Great that they getting back into our time frame again.

Still dark there at the moment, so you cant really tell.

Imagine having to fill in the 'cruise form' at the end of 104 days. They probably have so much to comment about they will need a book not a form...lol:rolleyes:

Jillybean:)

maybe they gave them one at the end of each sector...... I didn't realise that there are only around 14 days to go until it is finish... my god what will I read then LOL....

here is us saying only 14 more days.... the length of my next cruise is not even that LOL...

joanne

maybe they gave them one at the end of each sector...... I didn't realise that there are only around 14 days to go until it is finish... my god what will I read then LOL....

here is us saying only 14 more days.... the length of my next cruise is not even that LOL...

joanne

hi Joanne, we got off the Dawn on the 5Th July and we cruise again on the Dawn in 14 days and we've been home for 3 months and in that time we have moved house so we are looking forward to cruising again

bob

hi Joanne, we got off the Dawn on the 5Th July and we cruise again on the Dawn in 14 days and we've been home for 3 months and in that time we have moved house so we are looking forward to cruising again

bob

LOL.... oh bob.....I feel so much a part of this world cruise after reading all these blogs that I think I should be down at wharf 8 when she arrives waving them all back home LOL....

hmm breaky by the wharf .... anyone got a portable barbie... I bring the bacon and eggs LOL...

I'm wondering whether the Dawn felt any of the earthquake effects as she was heading towards Indonesia?

Does anyone know?

Anna

Unless there is a tsunami wave Anna you would feel nothing as the water is a big shock absorber.

Here in Newcastle when the earthquake hit, people on the harbour ferry got off and said "what happened"??? :confused: The water absorbed the shock.

It sure is active around the islands at the moment... I just saw there was another bit of action out around Somoa way.

Hope it quietens down a bit for our trip?

:):)

Archived