Luggage Tags

Leaving in two days, Read alot about edocs and having porters make out luggage tags at port. I got a copy of the edoc luggage tag enlarged it made copies and laminated them is this ok?

I've done the "laminate ahead of time thing" when I had several bags. That meant less hassle at the pier filling out luggage tags. If I have only a few bags for the 2 of us, I generally get the tags from the porter at the pier.

Copying, laminating and attaching luggage tags sounds like a lot more hassle (to me) than spending a minute at the porters stand to get them. They have a pen and will mark your cabin number, sometimes even attach them and take them for you.

But....if you have lots of time on your hands and have a laminating machine at home or work, I suppose it's a way of having fun with your cruise plans :)

We left our tags on the luggage for more ID on the flight home... Well, one was stolen in Atlanta- we were told to only put your cell phone on the tag and be sure to remove it prior to flying to avoid theft. Most only take nice digs on their cruise! Travelguard did pay for the suitcase and it's contents!!

Copying, laminating and attaching luggage tags sounds like a lot more hassle (to me) than spending a minute at the porters stand to get them. They have a pen and will mark your cabin number, sometimes even attach them and take them for you.

But....if you have lots of time on your hands and have a laminating machine at home or work, I suppose it's a way of having fun with your cruise plans :)

I recreated the luggage tag in a print program. When I received my edocs, like two weeks ago, I just add the extra info and print them out. I have a friend that has a laminater and I bring cable ties to attach.

Helps me get excited to how close I am to the cruise and afterwards I have a souvenir to scrapbook.

Denise

We left our tags on the luggage for more ID on the flight home... Well, one was stolen in Atlanta- we were told to only put your cell phone on the tag and be sure to remove it prior to flying to avoid theft. Most only take nice digs on their cruise! Travelguard did pay for the suitcase and it's contents!!

Sorry that happened. Thanks for the hint about removing them.

I do just use the cell phone number and no address.

One of our suitcases was misplaced on our last trip.

When we went to file the report I showed the clerk a picture of the bag that I had taken before we left. She thought that was a excellent idea. The bag found its way home the next day.

Denise

Archived