"Supper Club" now "The Steakhouse"?

MrPete

What's this mean? Read this on JH's blog today.

"Let's all go down to the steakhouse!"

Curious mind wants to know.

Semantics. He goes out of his way to say "the menu is the same and the service is still the best at sea but steak house seems to represent the product better ………………..so steak house it is then."

I made my reservation for Nick and Nora's on Miracle for our November cruise and I can't wait to get there. Supper club....steak house....doesn't really matter.

Semantics. He goes out of his way to say "the menu is the same and the service is still the best at sea but steak house seems to represent the product better ………………..so steak house it is then."

Somehow, the "romantic" aspect is overlooked. Is it overhyped? Ponderosa is a steakhouse. So is Ruth's Chris.

Just wonder why a change at all. I know they already got rid of the live music on some ships. Wonder where we are going.

I think it's to make people think of places like Morton's or Ruth's Chris. I'll be at Nick and Nora's two weeks from Tuesday:D:D:D - if anything's changed, I'll let you know.

Pick me up in Hilton Head on your way down, why doncha! :D I think they only have Outback's there.

What's this mean? Read this on JH's blog today.

"Let's all go down to the steakhouse!"

Curious mind wants to know.

It means nothing. Instead of a supper club, it is a steak house. Well they were always steak houses but since they got rid of the live entertainment they are calling them what they really are fancy steak houses. We find nothing particularly romantic or special about the atmosphere, except that we don't have to deal with the stupid dancing waiters.

To this passenger "Steak House" is a place you go when you're on a expense account and over pay for broccoli. In fact the word 'steak house' discourages me from attending. I can do steaks and baked potato at home.

The total menu that's at the super club is more varied and better quality than most steak house fare.

I'm a traditionalist, I like the Supper Club name. Sounds more like something from days gone by. Steak House just reminds me of a slab of meat. :rolleyes: Whatever they call it, I've enjoyed several of them on the Carnival ships.

I'm a traditionalist, I like the Supper Club name. Sounds more like something from days gone by. Steak House just reminds me of a slab of meat. :rolleyes: Whatever they call it, I've enjoyed several of them on the Carnival ships.

I wonder if it's the word "Club" is the objection. I've noticed in the past years posts asking about the supper club with the mistaken idea it's like an exclusive place not accessible to most.

Steak House is accessible, but to me it takes it too far in the other direction. Because the supper club's menu and presentations is above 'steak house'.

But why would Carnival Marketing want to rebrand it? From my understanding the extra charge is for tips for the staff, not normally covered under the auto-tips. (is that correct?) it would seem Carnival could lose money by having more people partaking in the more expensive food.

Maybe the concept of a 'steak house' on board could get more 'meat and potato's guys' to shell out bucks for a cruise without thinking "Oh, crap, I gotta get dressed up and be on stage at a club for vacation". Because they make most of their money on booze, the supper club might need more butts in the chairs drinking to be profitable. (yes, I'll bring my own wine for our group or 4, but I'll also have a few martinis and order club soda instead of water).

Our server told us this on our last cruise (though some of the people here told us we were lying and were trying to stir up trouble!). He said the menu would be changing. It didn't seem imminent, but he was right about the supper club turning into the steakhouse.

He said Carnival wasn't turning a profit off of the supper clubs.

Archived