Dress Question- Informal-vs-Casual, plus some other ??

Screwbit

We are sailing Celebrity 9/11 on the Century. I've noticed two 'Formal" nights, but also a split of "informal" and "casual" on the others. Just what is the difference between those two?. Also, doing a Cat CC - Concierge Class. Just how good are the hair dryers in those cabins. Celebrity says they are "salon" quality- are they in fact powerful, or does the wife need to bring her own.what's the outlet situation? Also, what's the deal with pillow choices? Just when are those made? Much thanks for any help!

Celebrity Horizon '97
RCCL Sovereign '98
Grand Princess '99
RCCL Enchantment '00
Ocean Princess '01
RCCL Radiance '02
Golden Princess 4/5/03
RCCL Navigator 1/10/04
Celebrity Century 9/11/04
Diamond Princess-Alaska 9/05

Screwbit...I lived in Harbor Pointe and Brandermill for MANY years.
I would bring an extension cord as most of the time the outlet in the bathroom is only for shavers. I am sure you pick the pillow when you meet your cabin steward. People who have experienced CC will be able to answer that.
There are NUMEROUS threads on the dress situation. Also [URL=www.cruisediva.com]will give you good info. Celebrity's website is another good place. Formal: men: tux or suit, Women: long dress or cocktail. Informal: men: coat and tie or nice slacks and a collared shirt. Many people refer to this as a night to dress as you would to go to church. Overdressing is never frowned upon! Informal nights: men: slacks and shirt, Women: slacks, skirt etc. IE...office casual. Celebrity says...no jeans or shorts at any time for dining room dinner.

10s : Thanks for the info. Would love to avoid packing both a suit AND a sports coat, if possible. We live out in the Short Pump area. Don't know how long ago you moved, but you'd NEVER recognize it!!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
'til the cruise of the Century

Celebrity Horizon '97
RCCL Sovereign '98
Grand Princess '99
RCCL Enchantment '00
Ocean Princess '01
RCCL Radiance '02
Golden Princess 4/5/03
RCCL Navigator 1/10/04
Celebrity Century 9/11/04
Diamond Princess-Alaska 9/05

Hi

The dryer in Concierge on Summit was great. They still had the original poor one but a regular dryer was under the sink.

As far as casual, informal, many men on informal nights wore jackets with no ties, most wore ties. Casual in golf attire or on Island Night you can dress appropriately in the dining room. No jeans, nor shorts at dinner but at breakfast and lunch they do allow them.

Dolphin - 1990
Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995
Century - 1997, 2000, 2001
Galaxy - 1998
Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002
Millennium - 2003
Summit 2004
Summit 2005

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Countdown to Summit 2005

According to the book "the Unofficial Guide to Cruises"

casual: "Comfortable daywear such as slacks, shorts, jeans, but some cruise lines will state specifically that T-shirts, tank tops, or shorts are not allowed in the dining room for dinner."

Informal: "Dresses and pantsuits are suggested for the ladies, jackets are required for the men, but ties are optional.

As you know each cruise line has their own dress codes, but the last time I cruised Celebrity, most guests followed the above dress code.

I hope this helps you. Enjoy your cruise!

Infinity 12/05/04

On formal nights, the majority of men were in tuxes &/or dark suits, women in all kinds of first class finery!

Semi-formal/country club casual nights you will find men in suits some with & without ties &/or sports coats with those really nice mock turtle silk-type shirts. Women in very dressy pants suits/outfits &/or dressy cocktail outfits.

Casual will find men in slacks/dockers with golf shirts & women in nice capri sets or sun dresses.

NEVER tank tops, t-shirts, jeans or shorts in the dining room (some exceptions on 1st night due to no luggage)!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

There are two hairdryers in CC. One is fixed on the bathroom wall. The other is a more powerful, standard hair dryer similar to what you probably use at home, which can be plugged into any outlet in the room. You'll normally find it stored in a bag under the sink. My wife moves it to the dressing table and uses it there.

Archived