QV Shuttle in Venice

violetta58

From the port where the ships normally dock in Venice its a fairly short walk over the bridge down to the main Square where you can buy Vaporetto tickets etc to ride all day on the Canals

You can also follow the signs and leisurely walk to St Marks Sq or any other area and absorb the sights of Venice enroute

It can take much much longer on the Vaporetto to get to places than it does to walk

I don't have experience of Cunard in Venice, but when I was on P&O last year we (& it seemed all/most large ships) berthed at the top of the island, near the railway station, not as close as the old 'port'.

The berth we used is to the (top?) left of the map on the maps tab of http://www.veniceonline.it/ (which I just happen to have open as we'll be going, again on P&O, in 11 days :D)

St Marks Square is in the lower centre panel.

There was a free bus shuttle, but I don't know where it went.

There was also a boat shuttle costing 8 euro to an area near to St Marks Square.

I would imagine Cunard would lay on something similar - hopefully someone will come along soon with more info.

Karen

There was a shuttle available from the QV dock to St Mark's Square when we were in Venice last August. It was very convenient as it was only a very short walk from the ship to the shuttle, and it was a very hot day. The ship stayed overnight in Venice, so we used it in the evening too.

Archived