Captain's Club....Select..."Priority embarkation while boarding the ship"

jgirvine2

"Priority embarkation while boarding the ship"

So Captain's Club Select offers the priority embarkation, what does that mean, and does anyone know if it is offered at the Port in LA?

Thanks

What it means is not much. There are so many categories that have priority embarcation that the regular lines are usually shorter. I find it really amusing when people will stand in the priority line waiting when there are open lines available.

I agree with Ma Bell. We've been Elite, on Concierge, express lines, and the shorter ones are the "regular" lines. When you enter the terminals you are free to go to whatever line you see that is shorter. As stated, sometimes those lines are non-existent while the "special" ones are longer.

The terminal in Ft. Lauderdale is so huge that it doesn't make a difference where you enter. The last time we were there they were divided into decks also so that helped.

They are building new terminals in Ft. Lauderdale so who knows how it will work when they are done.

Best bet, when you enter the "desk" area, look ahead and pick the line that's the best.

Pat C

Whenever I get to the cruise terminal I just can't make up my mind if I should be in the Xpress Pass line, the Concierge Class Line, or the Captain's Club Elite line. It usually takes me longer to make up my mind on which line to get into than it does to proceed through the line and check-in!

Seriously though - as others have said the main point is that there are separate lines for each class. Usually they are all so short it doesn't make much of a difference but at peak check in times it can be a benefit. The longest lines are often the lines to get through security and into the cruise terminal and I think there is just one line for everyone for that. When you get up to the check-in lines you'll quickly be able to tell if there is a big difference between the different lines or not.

We sailed on Solstice last November in a Sky Suite. The priority boarding area for the suites and Elite folks was up an escalator on the second floor. Everyone else signed in on the first floor and were not allowed to go up to the second floor until boarding began.

The foks in the Suite and Elite area were the first to board, following the wedding parties. I guess that is what CC means to be "priority boarding".

Hypo

Archived