Norwegian Jewel Gym Review

token65

Here is the exercise equipment on the Norwegian Jewel, as of July 2009. btw, gym is open 24 hours, but not all of the equipment can be used all of the time. 8 or so treadmills (closed 10PM - 8AM) with individual tv screens. Headphones are provided (although some people didn't use them and subjected the entire gym to the audio of whatever they were watching). About 5 recumbent bikes and a few uprights. Several ellipticals.

A fairly good representation of weight machines, heavy on leg machines. 2 benches and a reverse recline bench. A pulley machine with various attachments (not a cable cross). Hand weights - several sets at extremely light weights, 1 pair each in 5-pound increments from 10 - 85 pounds. Hand weight and bench section closed from 10PM-8AM. No pull-up or bench press stations.

A separate room for group workouts equipped with yoga mats, spinning cycles, a punching bag, one Pilates machine and balls.

Rooms are extremely warm!

There is a drinking fountain, towels, and chilled towels to use and bottled water/Red Bull for purchase.

Free classes included stretching, aerobics and ab work, all 1/2 hour; classes for $12 included spinning, yoga, and Pilates. I took one aerobics class - if you are already fairly fit, you will get a better workout on your own.

Here is the exercise equipment on the Norwegian Jewel, as of July 2009. btw, gym is open 24 hours, but not all of the equipment can be used all of the time. 8 or so treadmills (closed 10PM - 8AM) with individual tv screens. Headphones are provided (although some people didn't use them and subjected the entire gym to the audio of whatever they were watching). About 5 recumbent bikes and a few uprights. Several ellipticals.

A fairly good representation of weight machines, heavy on leg machines. 2 benches and a reverse recline bench. A pulley machine with various attachments (not a cable cross). Hand weights - several sets at extremely light weights, 1 pair each in 5-pound increments from 10 - 85 pounds. Hand weight and bench section closed from 10PM-8AM. No pull-up or bench press stations.

A separate room for group workouts equipped with yoga mats, spinning cycles, a punching bag, one Pilates machine and balls.

There is a drinking fountain, towels, and chilled towels to use and bottled water/Red Bull for purchase.

Free classes included stretching, aerobics and ab work, all 1/2 hour; classes for $12 included spinning, yoga, and Pilates. I took one aerobics class - if you are already fairly fit, you will get a better workout on your own.

Thanks for the information, I am sure many will find it informative.

Nita

Thanks for the information, very helpful We are on the Pearl in November but I am sure the equip is probably the same. I like to keep to my workout routine on vacation when I can. Good to see that I can make the equip work for me. This means I get to eat more..:D

The gym equipment is free. There are showers and a steam room for free use. My husband tried to use the gym several mornings and there were some not so happy gym users who where there at like 6am and couldn't use the treadmills. The staff told them they were being fixed.. hahaha.. i'm guessing they are directly over staterooms and cannot be used before a set time (8am I think it was).

The gym equipment is free. There are showers and a steam room for free use.

Free shower and steam room, really? I wasn't aware of that, I thought they were part of the spa (for a fee). Do you know if they are open 24 hrs too?

as you enter the gym area to the right are the mens and womens changing rooms. In those rooms are a steam room and showers. no Sauna.. just steam room. and they are free. I asked.. and I just came off the jewel last week. no clue when they open, never used them.

Archived