Highland Dress (Kilt)

Sailing on FOS next year. I am thinking about wearing my kilt for the formal evenings. Has anyone else worn a kilt? Do you think this would be acceptable?

I have seen them many times and I think they are great.

Jan

Honest question here, not just trying to stir the pudding. Why do the ladies seem so thrilled to see guys in a kilt? Does it challenge our masculinity? Sexy? Geez, so many of us don't have the legs to with the outfit. Just curious, you know, inquiring minds want to know;).

There is NOTHING sexier than a man who wears a kilt well! There have been gentlemen in full Highland dress on each of my cruises--the only problem is the people who seem to think they are costumed employees and want to have their pictures taken with the kilted guys... By all means wear your kilt--please! :D

Honest question here, not just trying to stir the pudding. Why do the ladies seem so thrilled to see guys in a kilt? Does it challenge our masculinity? Sexy? Geez, so many of us don't have the legs to with the outfit. Just curious, you know, inquiring minds want to know;).

Honest answer here - to me, every man looks a little like Sean Connery in a kilt and you just can get any better than that. :D

Katink

Honest answer here - to me, every man looks a little like Sean Connery in a kilt and you just can get any better than that. :D

Katink

You said it girlfriend!!

Kilts=sexy, no matter how you cut it!

ETA:when are you sailing seascot? We are on Freedom in January, would love to see you onboard.

I may be one of the few but not all guys should wear a kilt. Some just can't walk in it or sit in it. Went to a wedding where the groom and his groomsmen were sitting facing the people and we were all glad they had shorts on.:D

I also think that unless it is your tartan why wear it? Someone I know had one made special that is the scottish flag for a tartan, it looks really cool, that was cause they don't really have a tartan.

I made the mistake once of asking a waiter in Oban what he was wearing under his kilt and he showed me...I was only 15 and very shocked! He said the breeze was nice though:eek:

Sailing on FOS next year. I am thinking about wearing my kilt for the formal evenings. Has anyone else worn a kilt? Do you think this would be acceptable?

Yes wear your kilt on formal night they look great and i have seen many on the ships.

It's the wondering what he's wearing under the kilt.

Actually I read somewhere on this board that if he is wearing anything under the kilt, then it's a skirt:D:D!

Katink

Better brush up on my Scottish accent;). I need all the help from Sean I can get.

Archived