Help! I need answers for the adventure of the seas!

Cruising on the Adventure of the Seas in September and have a couple of questions!

1. Can I bring sodas on board? The unlimited soda card is expensive and I don't drink THAT much!

2. This one is for all of you cruisers who have been on this ship before or maybe more than once: what would be the best place to propose? Our nephew and his girlfriend are going with us and he doesn't want to pop the question on the deck, in case she drops the ring! His mother and I are betting a Johnny Rocket's malt on this one, since neither of us has been on this ship before!

As for sodas the answer is yes...You can bring as many as you like. We always arrive a day prior to the cruise and bring a couple of soft suitcases that we load up with sodas. We then check those thru with our other luggage and they deliver them right to the room. This keeps you from having to carry the sodas on board as they become pretty heavy pretty fast!!

As for the proposal...I would have said at the helipad, but that would be outside...If you want to be inside, depending on the size of the table at dinner, he might want to pop the question there. Otherwise, there is the Viking Crown Lounge on the 14th deck that has great views during the day...That would be great...At night the lounge becomes a pretty cool dance club...That would be the best place inside...IMHO

Good luck and enjoy your cruise...Report back if the answer was positive!!!

I have never brought soda on board, but from what I understand, you can bring cases on board and put luggage takes on them and they will be brought up with the rest of your luggage.

As for proposing, a dinner at Portofino would be really nice. It would be kinda cute if he did want to propose on deck to maybe tie a little piece of string to the ring and, say, his belt loop so if she did drop it, it wouldn't be lost at sea. Make a cute story, too.

Good luck to your nephew and hope you have a great cruise!

Cruising on the Adventure of the Seas in September and have a couple of questions!

1. Can I bring sodas on board? The unlimited soda card is expensive and I don't drink THAT much!

2. This one is for all of you cruisers who have been on this ship before or maybe more than once: what would be the best place to propose? Our nephew and his girlfriend are going with us and he doesn't want to pop the question on the deck, in case she drops the ring! His mother and I are betting a Johnny Rocket's malt on this one, since neither of us has been on this ship before!

It's always a crap shoot when bringing on sodas, you can try, but you may get caught. We always bring on a bunch of water in our suitcases and have never had any trouble. As for romantic spots, there are loads of them. My favorite is the helipad all the way in the front of the ship. (Go to deck 4 all the way forward and take the steps up a deck and proceed forward.) It can get very windy up there and it is dark, so you would have to do it on a night you are traveling with the wind. You can check out my AOS photo gallery link for pics of the ship, you may find a spot he likes. You can get the waiter or head waiter involved and they could bring it on a covered plate during dinner, talk to the captain during the Captain's reception and see if he would be willing to bring it over to her during dinner. Talk to the cruise director and bring them onstage to do it before one of the shows, the possibilities are many depending on their tastes. He could take her for a tour of the ship and go up in the Viking Crown Lounge, go up one flight and go into the wedding chapel, it's usually open and empty, that would be a great spot.

I think the Wedding Chapel would be a great place to propose. Other than that it really depends on the couple. Some like the attention of doing it in front of a crowd, others would much rather be proposed to while strolling on a quiet deck.

I think I would give him a bunch of suggestions and then when on board he can figure out what would be best for them.

You've got the scoop on the sodas....

Personally, you know the couple better than us, so you should advise on whether a public proposal is appropriate.

But if they want a quieter, more intimate area, I would suggest just grabbing a quiet table at sunset near the windows in the Champagn bar, or making a reservation in Portofino and telling them you REALLY need a quiet table for a special proposal and they will certainly assist.

I personally would prefer something away from the hustle and bustle of the crowds.

One advantage of involving the staff (i.e. maybe doing it during/before a show or other public venue) would be that they might capture it on video tape. These are for sale at the end of the cruise. It would make a great memento!

Referring to a post above, there is no "getting caught" with soda. It's allowed.

Is this couple extroverted or introverted? I came up with a great way of proposing on one of these threads a few months ago but it was looked at as way too public and not romantic enough. To me it seems like fun.

Pre-arrange it so that when they're playing Quest, one of the last questions the CD asks is something to the effect of, "Now bring me someone who's planning on proposing to his girlfriend right now," or "Show me an engagement ring that you haven't given to your girlfriend yet," and of course the nephew runs to the stage and gets on his knee and maybe talks into the mic or something.

Pretty unromantic (there's time for that after!) but lots of fun.

We will be on the September 20 cruise,which week are you on?We always buy our soda at the port.There is a liquer store inside security.DONT buy the liquer there.They will tell you that you can take it on board,yes you can but they will then take it from you till the last night.I think we paid $6 for a 12 pack.

clemson gal - We are getting ready to take our second cruise on the AOS. Have your nephew propose on the bow of the ship one evening under the stars. He can keep a tight hold on the ring until he puts it on his girlfriends finger. That's really the most romantic place IMO. ;)

Just tell him not to open a box to show her the ring. That's how the guy on the Brooklyn bridge?? lost his ring. The wind blew it out of the box! It can get pretty windy up on deck - at night. If your nephew still doesn't like that idea, go for the dinner at Portofino's.

Where are you from? I am from Anderson, SC.

On one of our Adventure cruises a guy proposed to his gal on formal night in the main dining room. I think the waiters all knew it was going to happen because they told us to look down and watch. (We were on the upper floor and the couple was on the main floor.) When the surprised girl said yes, everyone applauded. Of course, on formal night all of the ship photographers were on hand to catch the action!

Archived