Butchart Gardens and City On Own?

mokest

Quote:

"Vancouver is beautiful and so much to do. There are some very beautiful gardens too, but I've never seen anything as spectular as Butchart Gardens"

I totally agree:)..they are just fantastic:D...I think you meant

to say spectaculor;)

Oops! Thanks Lois. Of course I meant spectaculor. I'm a spelling nut and I made a mistake. I guess it was late in the evening.

Norah

Hi Norah:)not a problem...you are preaching to the Choir;)

I also want my spelling corrected when it is wrong:)

Glad you did not take offense!:D

Norah and Lois...Thanks so much for your responses.

It sounds like Buchart Gardens should not be missed if at all possible. I hope we will be able to work it in somehow. If we see much of Vancouver the day we disembark the cruise ship, we might be able to go to Buchart Gardens the second day. Do you know if we need to purchase the tour tickets to Victoria and Buchart Gardens before we arrive in Vancouver? Or can we wait until we get there? Is there more than one tour company that does this tour?

Thanks,

Pam

Norah and Lois...Thanks so much for your responses.

It sounds like Buchart Gardens should not be missed if at all possible. I hope we will be able to work it in somehow. If we see much of Vancouver the day we disembark the cruise ship, we might be able to go to Buchart Gardens the second day. Do you know if we need to purchase the tour tickets to Victoria and Buchart Gardens before we arrive in Vancouver? Or can we wait until we get there? Is there more than one tour company that does this tour?

Thanks,

Pam

Hi Pam:) I went to the Gardens on my own so I cannot help

you with tour companies...sorry:o.

Hopefully someone who lives in the area will be able to give

you some good suggestions!

As for tickets though, they sell them directly at the entrance

to the Gardens:D

Double oops Lois. Checked spellcheck and it's "spectacular". Silly, isn't it? I took no offense at all.

We were staying in Victoria and I recall that we drove to the Gardens and bought our tickets there. However, I'm not sure what we'll do on our cruise next year. I see that you can take a shuttle from the port to downtown and then a tourbus to the Gardens, but I'm not sure how the timing would work out. The ship also has tours but they seem to be combined with other things - Butterfly Gardens (we've done that), pub tour or afternoon tea. We've got lots of time to decide.

Norah

Don't forget that there are some great limo tours in and around Victoria as well as Limo service from Vancouver to Victoria. This is a wonderful way to go to a few stops and be guaranteed you have a ride back in time for your ship/flight.

Here is one company that was recommended for me:

http://www.legacylimousine.ca/vancouver-limo-tour-victoria.html

We rented a car in Victoria and went to the Castle, the Gardens and Empress hotel downtown with no problems. Parking downtown was easy, we used the meters, so have a few Canadian coins handy. The price was very reasonable and it is alot better than a bus IMO. If you can fins 4 people total, its an even better deal.

I think we used Budget and they picked up up right at the ship. Very nice folks.

Victoria is not that hard to get around in, but you will need to pick up a map and do some homework before you get there. I think the Gardens were about a 30-40 minute drive.

DaveOKC

we took a taxi cab to go & visit a friend who lives near the Gardens, he stopped there on the way back to the ship to let us see them, to be honest, I didn't think the gardens were worth the entry fee, while I love flowers, I don't want to pay such a high fee to see them, If I were ever back in that region, I'd skip Butchart, but that is only one persons opinion.

As for tickets though, they sell them directly at the entrance

to the Gardens:D

Yes, we bought our expensive tickets at the gate, I think they were around $45 pp & I do not feel I got my moneys worth.

45.00 per person? Nope...I am looking at the website and the most

expensive price is 28.00 per person...depending on the time of year.

http://www.butchartgardens.com/planning-your-visit/admission-hours-and-rates/admission-rates.html

Click on the above link and you will see the prices. They actually have prices

that start at only 16.00 with the most expensive ones at 28.00. Not sure why

you would have paid 45.00 each.

Sorry you did not enjoy them:(

Thanks again for the replies. Would love to see the gardens and Victoria but not sure there will be enough time since we will be coming from Vancouver. Will have to give this some serious thought. I appreciate everyone's opinions.

Pam

If anyone watched last week's premiere of "Psych" on tv, the final scene gives a glimpse of the Capilano Suspension bridge. There are some other exterior shots of Vancouver but not enough to satisfy my urge to return to this wonderful city. Next June can't come soon enough.

45.00 per person? Nope...I am looking at the website and the most

expensive price is 28.00 per person...depending on the time of year.

http://www.butchartgardens.com/planning-your-visit/admission-hours-and-rates/admission-rates.html

Click on the above link and you will see the prices. They actually have prices

that start at only 16.00 with the most expensive ones at 28.00. Not sure why

you would have paid 45.00 each.

Sorry you did not enjoy them:(

I know we got charged almost a $100 for the two of us ( DH & Myself) maybe they charged us for the taxi driver too, even though he never got out of his taxi, he was an additional human through the gate, a reminder to always be vigilant, when paying anything.

Archived