My Wife's 50th Suprise Cruise

rrjoy11

I booked a cruise as a suprise for my wife's 50th Birthday. We are on the VALOR, 11/1/2009, 7 day Western Caribbean. Any suggestions on how to make her Birthday on the ship special would be great. Her birthday will be on the second day of the cruise and we will be at sea.

My 50th will be here next year. I need to introduce you to my DH...

Actually, he gave me a cruise one year for Christmas! The cruise was in January and it was awesome! He and my dd booked it to take me back to Key West to purchase a necklace I didn't buy the first time I saw it.

I would book dinner in the supper club. Or you could plan on letting her pick out a piece of jewelry (if she likes jewelry) somewhere during the cruise. I'd rather have that than a cake or specialty dinner. Maybe you could get it before the formal, scuse me, casual elegant night and she could wear it.

She'll appreciate whatever you do.

Shay

Check out the roll call board for fellow cruisers. We've met many good friends by doing a meet and greet one of the first days, and celebrating with new found friends is a great way to cruise!

Great job with the gift.....you're awesome!

My 50th will be here next year. I need to introduce you to my DH...

Actually, he gave me a cruise one year for Christmas! The cruise was in January and it was awesome! He and my dd booked it to take me back to Key West to purchase a necklace I didn't buy the first time I saw it.

I would book dinner in the supper club. Or you could plan on letting her pick out a piece of jewelry (if she likes jewelry) somewhere during the cruise. I'd rather have that than a cake or specialty dinner. Maybe you could get it before the formal, scuse me, casual elegant night and she could wear it.

She'll appreciate whatever you do.

Shay

Mine too, and I was thinking the exact same thing!!

He took me to Vegas for my 40th, so a cruise for the 50th, I'm thinking PERFECT!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

We just celebrated my friend's 50th birthday & we decorated her room with special decorations from home - pix, streamers, banners. You can have the ship decorate also. You can also tip your steward when you are out of the room, he will decorate for you. Just bring tape.

Order a cake on her birthday & the staff will sing happy birthday. Have fun!

Mine too, and I was thinking the exact same thing!!

He took me to Vegas for my 40th, so a cruise for the 50th, I'm thinking PERFECT!!!:D

I was going to suggest to the original poster that he keep it a surprise for as long as possible, then I saw your posting above. I also took my wife on a surprise trip to Vegas for her 40th and didn't tell her until about 60 minutes before we had to leave for the airport. I had been planning it for about six months and by far the biggest challenge was making alternative arrangements for our two children (both sleeping and transportation to and from their sports and other activities) -- all the while making sure that no one mentioned a thing to my wife. A surprise cruise might have been cool, too, but that might require more than 60 minutes packing notice!

I always enter the room hoping that DH will have ordered a dozen roses in there waiting for me....

At Christmas it came true! I loved those roses, and they stayed beautiful all week long! They didn't even droop.

My wife's 70th bd was May 10th. We had planned a bd cruise for her and left on the Splendor on the 9th. When we got to our cabin, it was decorated by Carnival, which I had arranged in advance. Next, came a knock at the door and they delivered roses. Then I slipped a little bit at dinner when I told the waiter we would not be there the next night. My wife then figured that we were going to the Supper Club on her bd, which turned out to be a great birthday dinner for my wife.

Smitty

You can also order the room decorations. My daughter ordered our room to be decorated ahead of time when we went on our anniversary cruise and it was done so well! We left them up all week--they have a birthday decorations package too.

Don't waste your money on Carnival room decorations. You can stop at the dollar store before your trip and buy a banner. We did this for my mother-in-law's birthday. While she was out of the room, we put part of the birthday banner on her door, and the rest in the room. It was a great idea, because she was having a little trouble finding her room, and this helped her.

Archived