Warnemunde & Rostock

We took a boat from the cruisedock straight into Rostock. It was 12E round trip, we paid in cash on the boat. It was about 45 pleasant minutes or so from the cruisedock to Rostock. Here's the boat website:

http://www.rostockerpersonenschifffahrt.de/MS__Rostocker_7.6.0.html

Here's the posted schedule so you can plan when you want to return from Rostock:

http://www.rostockerpersonenschifffahrt.de/Strandlinie_Rostock_Warnemuende.14.0.html

We left Warnemunde on the first boat at 10:30 and returned from Rostock on the last boat at 15:30 Uhr (3:30). There's a little outdoor bar near the Rostock pier where we had beer and pickled herring while we waited.

We had plenty of time in Rostock.

Just returned from our Baltics cruise. We did our own thing in Warnemunde- upon exiting the ship and going through the terminal there was an info area where one could buy a one-day Warnemunde/Rostock pass for about $10US that included transportation, entry to sites (or discounts). We took the train to Rostock and back. Very easy with the great information provided. Then wandered around Warnemunde. A pleasant day!

We're coming on 3th of August. Many thanks you've been very helpful!!!

CAUTION:

For whose arrriving on August 3, 2009 in Warnemünde.

Passengers of CRYSTAL SYMPHONY will not berth in Warnemünde but Rostock Sea Port.

So all information are limited to the passengers of

CELEBRITY CENTURY

and

ROTTERDAM

Regards,

HeinBloed

CAUTION:

For whose arrriving on August 3, 2009 in Warnemünde.

Passengers of CRYSTAL SYMPHONY will not berth in Warnemünde but Rostock Sea Port.

So all information are limited to the passengers of

CELEBRITY CENTURY

and

ROTTERDAM

Regards,

HeinBloed

Crystal Symphony passengers will have a free shuttle bus from the industrial port to Rostock St Mary's AND to Warnemünde Kurhaus/Promenade which will run every 30 minutes for most of the day and every hour in the evening.

• 6 months later...
Crystal Symphony passengers will have a free shuttle bus from the industrial port to Rostock St Mary's AND to Warnemünde Kurhaus/Promenade which will run every 30 minutes for most of the day and every hour in the evening.

How do I find out where our ship (Eurodam, Baltic Tour, July 9-19-10) docks at the various ports? Thanks.

How do I find out where our ship (Eurodam, Baltic Tour, July 9-19-10) docks at the various ports? Thanks.

It's only one ship which need to diverted to Industrial Port of Rostock.

http://www.rostock-port.de/kreuzschifffahrt/anlaeufe/anlaeufe_2010.html

LP 41 = Industrial Port

P7 = Terminal 1

P8 = Terminal 2

P1-4 = berth alongside wavebreak (2 minutes from train station and 5 minutes from Terminal 1)

Regards,

HeinBloed

It's only one ship which need to diverted to Industrial Port of Rostock.

http://www.rostock-port.de/kreuzschifffahrt/anlaeufe/anlaeufe_2010.html

LP 41 = Industrial Port

P7 = Terminal 1

P8 = Terminal 2

P1-4 = berth alongside wavebreak (2 minutes from train station and 5 minutes from Terminal 1)

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thank you HeinBloed. Is this a bad thing to be in Industrial Port. If we are meeting a private tour person will they have problems getting us if we are not at a terminal. I guess being only "five minutes from Terminal 1" we can always walk there to meet them....or....can they get into "Industrial Port"?

Sorry....it's scary when you have no idea where you are.

Thank you HeinBloed. Is this a bad thing to be in Industrial Port. If we are meeting a private tour person will they have problems getting us if we are not at a terminal. I guess being only "five minutes from Terminal 1" we can always walk there to meet them....or....can they get into "Industrial Port"?

Sorry....it's scary when you have no idea where you are.

You must tell your tourguide:

Seehafen - Hafenbecken A - Liegeplatz 41 - Kaihalle 3

at Ost-West-Straße - Am Hansekai

It's a little stupid:

http://www.rostock-port.de/Hafenplan___Nutzungsparameter.37.0.html

Here is a port map.

5 minutes to Terminal 1 is for P1-4 (also in Warnemünde) which is not the same like LP 41 which is Industrial Port.

It's 7 miles (20 minutes) incl. use of toll-tunnel by car from Warnemünde Terminal 1.

2007HROOWStrAmSeehafen1-vi.jpg

Somewhere in nowhere... Sorry...

As above mentioned:

if there is a bus shuttle to Warnemünde Kurhaus/Promenade it's at the beach side and you need to walk about 20-30 minutes to the cruise terminal.

Regards

HeinBloed

Thank you all for the helpful information for when we are berthed in Warnemunde this June.

We are planning on doing an a.m. visit to Rostock as would love to have a look round and also see the Marienkirche at noon. This will give us plenty of time for a good ook round and then a return to the Ship and also have a good roam around Warnemunde I think.

Can you purchase a ticket to go one way by rail and return by the little ferry boats as this seems a good way to see more.

Thank you all for the helpful information for when we are berthed in Warnemunde this June.

We are planning on doing an a.m. visit to Rostock as would love to have a look round and also see the Marienkirche at noon. This will give us plenty of time for a good ook round and then a return to the Ship and also have a good roam around Warnemunde I think.

Can you purchase a ticket to go one way by rail and return by the little ferry boats as this seems a good way to see more.

You need to buy it at the machine and punch/validate/cancel the ticket at the orange machine.

The ticket for the sightseeing boat you get directly on the boat.

Regards,

HeinBloed

• 1 month later...
You must tell your tourguide:

It's 7 miles (20 minutes) incl. use of toll-tunnel by car from Warnemünde Terminal 1.

Somewhere in nowhere... Sorry...

Thank you for all your help. You truly are a source of much knowledge. Now, we are arriving at Rostock Industrial Port, July 10, 10 on a Saturday. Desperately need accurate instructions on how to get to Rostock City and then train to Warnemunde.

I can't believe Eurodam is not offering free bus transportation to Rostock Port at this time. Looks like we will be on our own in the forsaken port.....ugh!!!!!!! and HELP please.

If possible, can you email me directions in case I can't find your answer on this site. Thanks again.

resp9t85@verizon.net

Thank you for all your help. You truly are a source of much knowledge. Now, we are arriving at Rostock Industrial Port, July 10, 10 on a Saturday. Desperately need accurate instructions on how to get to Rostock City and then train to Warnemunde.

I can't believe Eurodam is not offering free bus transportation to Rostock Port at this time. Looks like we will be on our own in the forsaken port.....ugh!!!!!!! and HELP please.

If possible, can you email me directions in case I can't find your answer on this site. Thanks again.

resp9t85@verizon.net

see here:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2010/03/rostock-seaport-germany-getting-around.html

and here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1172032

and some patience please for the update which will BEFORE your call in Rostock.

Regards

HeinBloed

Hi Heinbloed: do you know what there is to do in Kiel? or should we be going to Lubeck or Hamburg? Does the ship dock within walking distance of the shopping areas? Any information you can provide would be most appreciated! Thanks

Hi Heinbloed: do you know what there is to do in Kiel? or should we be going to Lubeck or Hamburg? Does the ship dock within walking distance of the shopping areas? Any information you can provide would be most appreciated! Thanks

Check here:

http://www.heinbloed-on-tour.de

You find your answers and also in all Kiel-Threads with the search function.

Sorry - but I need to solve my own problems at the moment.

Should be back in office today but got stranded here in France.

Regards

HeinBloed

thanks HeinBloed! You are an amazing resource - do take care of yourself:)

I made it home - after 2 days on coach, car rental, ferry, strike in France, train back home from Southampton from our cruise ship.

Now I am open again for questions.

But please for Kiel in one of the Kiel-Threads or you e-mail me (see signature or blog).

Regards

HeinBloed

We will be in Warnemunde and Rostock on a Saturday. We have a 50 euro American Express Travelers check left from another vacation. We're hoping to use it on this vacation. Will the boat going from Warnemunde to Rostock accept it? Is there someplace to cash it? Thank you.

There is a branch of REISEBANK open on Saturday (during the season from May to September) from 09.00 hrs to 12.00 hrs.

It's located at Am Bahnhof 10a (marked with Change)

2007WmdStationF07-vi.jpg

When you pass the tunnel to the train station. Stay on the left side. Once the platform ends and the first house starts it's on the left side.

Regards

HeinBloed

There is a branch of REISEBANK open on Saturday (during the season from May to September) from 09.00 hrs to 12.00 hrs.

It's located at Am Bahnhof 10a (marked with Change)

2007WmdStationF07-vi.jpg

When you pass the tunnel to the train station. Stay on the left side. Once the platform ends and the first house starts it's on the left side.

Regards

HeinBloed

Just curious if the 50 cent WC fee is a euro coin.

Just curious if the 50 cent WC fee is a euro coin.

The pictures is from 2007.

Our inflation is not as high...

Have 2 x 50 Cent with you to be sure...

Or go with two persons at one time... (Take the sleeping mask from your flight with you to have some discretion.)

Regards

HeinBloed

Archived