New Ports out of Galveston

emaksb

You're going to get a bunch of different opinions on this question.

Personally, I don't mind Nassau or Freeport but I've always been with a group of people and we've always traveled as a group and have never had any of the problems you may hear some people tell you.

We've not been to Key West so I can't speak to that.

IMHO, the cruise is what you make of it. You can stress out about the ports and then feel stressed out when you get there. Or you can just realize you're going on a cruise, you have a couple of stops in in the Bahamas and BAM... you're having a great time.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Sheri are you crusing the new ports? We've cruised on the Conquest in 2006 and we are thinking of cruising on the Conquest again but it won't be till Nov. 2010. Do you know just what they did to the ship when it was dry docked?

Iv been on Conquest since the dry dock, all new tables in the dining room my waiter said (hard to tell with the table clothes on them), the lido deck is all different, different seating, new big scren :( , the bars are moved, the Mongolian BBQ, looks very different.

Cabin colors looked the same, we didnt get two pillows or enough hangers, so hard to tell if the cabins had anything done, seemed worse to me than before, but we had a lousy cabin steward last trip, but great waiters.

We just got back today and we thought it was a winner. In Key West, absolutely take The Big Three tour, snorkeling, kayaking, cruising in the harbor to a dolphin area. It ranks as one of the two or three best tours we've ever taken in eight cruises.

In Freeport, if you want the Jeep Adventure, book very early; it was booked up about a month before the cruise.

The new beds are wonderful, in our opinion, and so was our steward. The shows were very good; the cruise staff excellent. The ship was in tip-top shape, with no sign of the marauding children other posters write about.

The only issue we had was with service in the dining room. For some reason, it was very slow to our table, with deserts being served just before eight, and our table was frequently rushed out of the dining room to prepare for late seating. They also missed my wife's birthday, despite prior notice, so I have an issue right now with the dining room staff from maitre on down.

I dont think we had new beds. The ones we had the time before were the better comfort mattresses, this time they were much harder.

Did you pull your waiter aside when they didnt sing and ask him privately?? We had someone once who had told the cruise line who never passed the word and was all upset about that the waiter never got the word. I kept thinking why didnt he just mention it to the waiter that night?? so easy? The waiter would have taken care of it.

Sheri are you crusing the new ports? We've cruised on the Conquest in 2006 and we are thinking of cruising on the Conquest again but it won't be till Nov. 2010. Do you know just what they did to the ship when it was dry docked?

I haven't cruised the new ports yet...will do that in September! I've been on the Conquest just one time, and I love that ship! I'll get Host Mach over here to describe in detail what was done while it was in drydock! HE knows!:D

I haven't cruised the new ports yet...will do that in September! I've been on the Conquest just one time, and I love that ship! I'll get Host Mach over here to describe in detail what was done while it was in drydock! HE knows!:D

Thanks, Sheri!

The biggest and most obvious upgrade is the Carnival Sea Side Theater. They also replaced a mumber of the standard deck chairs around the pool and on the first level above with contoured chairs made for watching the movies in the evening.

In addition they added a Mongolian Grill on the Lido Deck, replaced a great deal of carpeting, built a new Circle C and converted the 6E staterooms on the Spa Deck to 8F balconies... VERY nice... sliding door to the balcony rather than the swing open type.

Here's a number of pictures I took when I was on board a few months ago...

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

:)

Archived